Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Bubblegum on eyeglasses

Posted by on May. 25, 2007 at 8:13 AM
  • 5 Replies
My nine year old came up to me this morning during our morning rush and announced that he couldn't use his glasses because there was bubblegum all over the lenses. Ugh! Unfortunately, he'd already tried to clean the lenses using hot water -- which only made the gum smear more.

Does anyone know an effective way to get gum off glasses without damaging the lenses?
by on May. 25, 2007 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
4evadazies
by on May. 25, 2007 at 8:25 AM
I would try rubbing alcohol while it is still warmed up from the water. That should help it to come off.
EMSmom911
by on May. 25, 2007 at 9:09 AM

We used peanut butter to get bubble gum out of my daughter's hair....ice works well to

prdusmcmom
by on May. 26, 2007 at 5:34 PM
w d=40 but then you have to soap the lenses really goog after wards.  Goo be gone, freeze them in the freezer or take them to the nearest eye dr and see what they can't do.  Can ye tell I've had the same problem? 
onthemove
by on May. 29, 2007 at 9:21 AM
Thank you everyone for the suggestions. My MIL gave me something called De-Solv-It, which is a citrus-based grunge remover (sounds like it's similar to the Goo Be Gone one poster suggested). It took two wipings but it did the trick! I did notice some scratches on the lenses; however, they look more like scratches due to nine-year-old abuse and neglect as opposed to damage from cleaning. He claims they're clean and he can see fine, so we're back in business and I don't have to spring for a new pair of glasses (yet)!
momof3andhappy
by on May. 29, 2007 at 10:30 AM
goo-be-gone is a life saver in my home! why just saturday, it got gum out of a my little pony's mane! also, ammonia works well on glass and clear plastics.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)