Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

attitude on the way to school

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 10:42 AM
  • 2 Replies
My oldest is going on 8, yet acts like she is going on 18. I walk her to school every day with her 6 y/o sister (the baby is with us too). Her mouth is just out of control. I try to have conversations with them about what they may be doing that day or about after school. All I get is a smart mouth from her. She laughs & thinks everything is funny. She runs away from me. There is only 20 months between the older girls. I have had to actually drag her to school with her kicking & crying all over. I don't know what to do with her or how to approach things. I do let her know her behavior will not be tolerated. She does not care if you ground her or take things way
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
momof3andhappy
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 11:10 AM
Is she getting enough sleep/rest at night? I know that when DS is not getting enough rest, his attitude tends to get worse than usually. Maybe try tweaking the bedtime routine or having lower key activities closer to bed time. Just a thought!
mommybug77
by on Jun. 7, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Quoting momof3andhappy:

Is she getting enough sleep/rest at night? I know that when DS is not getting enough rest, his attitude tends to get worse than usually. Maybe try tweaking the bedtime routine or having lower key activities closer to bed time. Just a thought!

That is a thought. She will sleep walk at times, though I don't think it has been going on lately. I try to make the time before bed a low key time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)