Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Mom of a 10 yr old

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2007 at 2:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hi Everyone...I definitely need some advice as far as my son goes.  He gets really frustrated easily.  I have 4 other children and they are all much younger than him.  What can I do to get him to feel more secure and more wanted.
by on Jun. 19, 2007 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
premiergymmom
by on Jun. 19, 2007 at 9:57 PM
I feel the pain.  My 17 y/o started this at 7y/o.  My suggestions:
1.  does he have his own room or can he have a spot in the house where he can have "privacy"
2.  plan times were either you or dad keep his siblings and take him out to lunch (BK or McD) nothing fancy to talk (he wants time w/ both of you)
3.  Is there an older cousin or older boy at church that he could spend some time with to realize that what is going on is not unusual?

Good luck.  My son grew out of this for the most part by the time he was a sophomore and now my youngest is starting.
traviesa30
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 3:21 AM
This works for me. My daughter does alot of chores and she gets frustrated easily. I tell her that she is the only one that can do it not only because she does it best but she is the only one I trust to do it right. It boosts her mood up.
Also, try something like boyscouts, or another club that only he can go to out of the kids. It will help him feel a little more disconnected from the others.
My2GirlsNMe
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Make sure to set aside special time for you and your son.  Go to a baseball game together, go out for lunch, take a walk in the park with an ice cream together.  Your time alone with him is precious.  He will cherish those moments and those memories will be the ones he looks back on and smiles about.  Have fun!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)