Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Dumb as a tree stump?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son just turned 12 this past March.  He was doing really great until about the last 2 months.  I swear he has become so stupid it not even funny.  And his answer to anything you question is "I don't know".  Don't even get me started on the attitude!!  Is anyone else "suffering" out there!!!  AHHHHH!!! 

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LeLe623
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 12:48 PM
Ryan will turn 12 in December so I'm waiting for that!  He doesn't act dumb or anything but the attitude at times makes me want to scream.  He has little girl friends that act like that (dumb).  Drives me crazy!
MichelleMc
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 2:20 PM
We get the "I don't know" all the time, LOL. And attitude, though it is curbed quickly. I think they feel they are "old enough" to make the choices. Um, Nope, sorry, LOL
XOSharonXO
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 4:14 PM

I hope this is not a 12 year old thing.  My daughter turns 12 in December and right now she gets so upset with people who act dumb but are really smart.  We have always encouraged her to speak her mind and tell us what she thinks about a subject.  I am guilty of the "I don't know look it up" attitude but for her to give it back would make me HOT.  Anyways hope you get through this and his attitude changes soon.

SHARON 

Moms of Onlies   Group Owner
MOMSOFONLIES

Momma's Gone Crazy    Group Admin
MOMMASGONECRAZY

mrs.p77
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 12:34 AM
My daughter is turning 12 in August. She is the queen of "I don't know" and the attitude is unbearable.  It drives me crazy, but I know that I had that attitude when I was 12 too.  I just keep hoping she will wake up and it will be gone.
mom-of4-gr8-kid
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 12:39 AM
My daughter just turned 13 on the 18th and her favorite thing to say is I dont know and soorrrry, like oops.
Her attitude is about to drive me up the wall, especially with her siblings.
I know this is only the beginning, she is a good kid, its just funny the stages they go through.
SuperQ314
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 10:00 PM
I'm feelin ya sista. Can't ya just rip ya hair out, when you hear your honor roll student say (while shruggin shoulders) "I dunno"...AHHH...I could strngle her....Good thing I love her do much, but somedays I wonder if she'll make it to 13....lol 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)