Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Limited Too Changing To Justice Stores, Some Closing

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 10:55 AM
  • 15 Replies

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSBNG3399420080812

They are closing 26 underperforming stores by the end of 2008 and changing all remaining Lmtd Too stores into it's secondary brand, Justice.

We don't have a Justice store near here but I hear they are less expensive.

What are your thoughts?

Single Mommy of a precious 9 y/o daughter

Feel free to add me as a friend! 

by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2smiles4me
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM

We just discovered a Justice store in our area. My dd loves it. She says she likes it better than Limited Too. We've bought a pair of jeans and a t shirt so far and both are good quality. In fact, my MIL is taking my dd to Justice this afternoon. They take our kids each year to buy them a few outfits for school. She is so excited. I can't wait to see what she comes back with. It's not as expensive as Limited Too. It's still not cheap though.

keeperof2
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 11:19 AM

limited Too is my daughters favorite store.  So if they rename it and make it less expensive.......COOL!!!!!!!!!

just hope that the clothing quality doesn't take a serious nose dive too!!!!!

Gail - Group Owner

melissaraeby
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Don't worry about quality.  Justice has good quality clothes, but it's all still to expensive for us.  Maybe for an outfit for a special occasion, but not more than that.  Way too expensive.

Quoting keeperof2:

limited Too is my daughters favorite store.  So if they rename it and make it less expensive.......COOL!!!!!!!!!

cindy123199
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 11:54 AM

My daughters love Limited Too also, but I agree the clothes are way to expensive.  I do buy them some clothes from there but not much cuz just don't have it . Not sure if they are going to open a Justice Store here but if they do I will be checking that place out with both of my girls.

CharmingLamb
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 3:29 PM

We use to shop religiously at Limited Too until we got a Justice store.

The quality is the same and truthfully, the pricing is about the same too. One thing I do love (and this better not change) is that Justice has more conservative and modest clothing. I've seen several things at Limited Too that I would NOT let my daughter wear.

juliecf
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 4:03 PM

WE love Justice.   When you hit a sale, you hit the jackpot.   I just got my DD 3 pairs of sweats for 5.49 each.   We live in TX so she won't need them now but still a great deal.

policeman
SoniaL
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 10:17 PM

I agree!  They say it is less but it is still SO pricey!

Quoting melissaraeby:

Don't worry about quality. Justice has good quality clothes, but it's all still to expensive for us. Maybe for an outfit for a special occasion, but not more than that. Way too expensive.

Quoting keeperof2:

limited Too is my daughters favorite store. So if they rename it and make it less expensive.......COOL!!!!!!!!!

madmickeelmom
by on Aug. 14, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Sale items are great but they are price too. some things are great deal but still part of the LIMITED TOO.

My daughters LOVE justice. I have one girlie girl and another that is tomboy/punky and it meets her needs where the LMT didn't.

Still hurts the wallet on nonSALE days.

momto3infl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2008 at 9:02 AM

My dad bought all of DD school cloths at Justice-he wanted to take her shopping-they are pretty cheap compared to Limited-and she got about 10 outfits there for about 200.00-I am meaning socks underwear and tops and bottoms and some accessories.

dbltblmom
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 5:00 PM

Limited Too has a better quality and more styles to choose from.  As an employee, I have shopped at both and Justice brand clothes are made cheaply and do not last as long.  I took my daughters to Justice to buy school clothes and they could only find one outfit that they liked.  The clothing at Justice is made more for 6 to 9 year olds.  Where Limited too is more for 9 to 13 years old.  Justice is more babyish and Limited Too is more stylish.  Limited too clothes are better made and are only about 15% higher in price than Justice.  If they stop carrying Limited too clothes at our store I will no longer shop there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)