Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

Welcome!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 4:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
My name is Valerie and I have 4 kids. My oldest will be 10 next month and has been changing so much this past year. I can't wait to meet others in the same boat!
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kater
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 4:31 PM
i is kater and i also have four kids.  my oldest just turned 10 and man, did we notice!  hopefully more people will join up and help us newbies hobble along, and figure out what to do with these once-babies.  sometimes, she'll come and sit on my lap and snuggle with me, but i can't let her stay there very long...my legs fall asleep!  i miss my little bear, but i love watching her grow up.  except for the screaming temper tantrums, that is....
owensmom34
by on Feb. 10, 2007 at 5:36 PM
My name is Mary and I have 4 kids (ages 12 months - 9 years).  Remember when we were just regular kids at ages 9-12....now they get a special title TWEENS...LOL  :)
EMiller
by on Feb. 14, 2007 at 8:22 PM
Yes... I have four live-in step-children... Kaitelyn 12, James 11, Alexys 10 and Mia 5. My TWEENS dive me nuts with mood swings, defiance and pushing to do more "grown-up" things.

Let's see Kaite, will be 13 this summer and we are dealing with the "hair growth" down under, developing, frustration she hasn't started her period, horrible mood swings coupled with nasty attitude and disrespect, wanting to shave her legs and then we have the dreaded bathing suit issue creeping up on us!!! She has a boyfriend, now for 3 months, and has talked to her mom about kissing him. EHHHH....  Sealed  She is growning up WAY too fast... why can't she be our little Kaitey-Kat anymore?!?!?

James is a whole nother story, he struggles with bipolar disorder, however is rather stable on medications this year. He is really just starting to socialize and notice girls and their parts, LOL. My fiancee has has the "talk" to him about various things guys do at a young age... let me just say... I DO NOT do his laundry anymore! YUCK!! He has a little girl he likes from the church his mom takes him too.... so we will see if that goes anywhere.

Alexys... who just turned 10... had spotty periods at 9! She is already starting to develop... but doesn't seem to have the mood swings yet. She is very scientific about it all and she maintains a "boy-friend" at school. She has been dedicated to him for two years now! LOL, it is so cute.

Anyways... I am glad this group started... I am sure there is plenty of frustrations, confusion and new adventures which will pop up with this new stage in their lives.

btlsmum
by on Feb. 15, 2007 at 10:53 AM
Welcome!!

Sounds like a wealth of knowledge to share! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)