Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's driving me to depression

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:49 PM
  • 1 Replies
 M y daughter Antonia has recently started her period, just two days after tha her father walks out says he'll be back then calls 4 days later from New York. Now I'm in a new realationship with a person that I have known for a year, My daughter and I moved in with the new guy and she loves him they joke and play, But she's treating me like her father did before he left. Besides the physical abuse her father gave me. She tells John and I she's very happy, she don't get sent to her room so her father can use weed, and screamed at all the time, We live in a wonderful neighborhood now, we go to movies, out ot dinner,shopping, even planning trips. She never had life that was stable when her father and i were together, She's been through so much and seen so much hardtimes. I think she is upset that we could have had a life like this the whole time but I wasted it on her father. I don't know. Can anyone help me with this? It got to the point where I just hit my knees crying because I  dont know what to do any more. John says she needs structure and she never had it when her father and I where together. I need to give her chores and he says I act more like a friend then a parent. I dont know what to do please help me....

Thanks,
         Jessica
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
coyotemama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:22 PM
Have you thought about counceling?  It sounds like the both of you have gone through a lot and the stress and depression from situations like that can manifest in different ways.  I've been going to group therapy for depression and anxiety daily for about a week and a half and will begin individual/family therapy soon and it has made a world of difference in my outlook...I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)