Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your Tween want only name brand shoes?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:50 AM
  • 32 Replies
We are almost done school shopping.  I only have to get shoes for my 12 year old.  He is so picky!  He will only wear name brand shoes, and they have to be a certain style and color.  He is driving me crazy!  I am having problem finding his size in the shoes he likes.  Think I could talk him into maybe trying a different style or brand on!  I don't mind getting both of my sons what they like, but hate having to run all over town looking!

Are your Tween like this too?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missyaod
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:55 AM

JJ is mostly thankful for what he has.  Maybe he has not gotten picky yet I can see it comming though.  But he did want the heelys and he got those at the beginning of summer but now he is mad becasue the stores don't alow them.  I told him that might happen he wanted them anyway.  He wairs them still.  I let him heely by me holding on to the cart he likes that.  I do have one issue with is clothes though.  He is real picky about his pants and he is on 8 slim witch is HARD to find.  He is skinny and small for his age.  11
Melissa
selenad
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:25 AM
you know I could lie, but I think its more me than my 9 yrold, she loves all that I buy her, but Im a lil crazy with name brands for her, Im digging my own hole because I know thats all shell expect of me in the future,I just want her to look nice..
Itsalldrama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:34 AM

My 11 year old son doesn't care much, but my 8 year old daughter is ridiculous. She has to match and be cute and has to change 50 times a day. Shopping with her takes twice as long bc she has to ask for everything she sees.

ibGabby
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:00 AM
I think it's me more so than them.  I use to feel really out of place when I had on the Kmart or Payless shoes and everyone was running around looking cute in their Sketchers & Nike's.  Granite Payless has come along way but for me it just one less thing I want them to deal with, kids are cruel.
debj49
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:29 AM
My kids may want brand name things but don't always get it. Depends on the price if I can find something similar for less then that is what they get. I told them when they get a job and pay for their own things then they can afford to be choosey. which my older kids did once they got into high school.
MichelleMc
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:36 AM
It is really me. He likes them, but he doesn't force the issue. Or if he would really want them, it would be like one pair of Chucks or something. If you say the price, he would go Wow, okay never mind mom. So he gets it & isn't pushy.

I just want shoes that will hold up, so I refuse to buy payless or walmart shoes. I want them to wash up nice & hold up nice.

I am a big Nike Fan for their shape & arches. And he is into Vans this year. But I have always watched sales & get the shoes for close to the same price as cheap shoes. Like, I just got, shipped to me, $65 vans for $20.99. Half the shoes at Walmart now are $19.97 so, ya know :) I am a big sale person. And they are sharp looking.
suebebe
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:43 AM
Mine is pretty easy. Not too picky, but I think she's reaching an age where it's becoming more important to me--you know? But, there are limits (like the BUDGET!!)
Anyway, we got real lucky shopping for school uniforms last weekend. Academy Sports has tons of shoes and we found a cute pair of grey and pink Adidas shoes for $24.99!  And, like the previous post said, lots of WalMart shoes are that much- or close to that much!
My younger ones are waaaay easy. My son will wear anything (he's 10) and my 8 year old kept telling me she wanted DC's (I didn't know what she was talking about!) So I went online, and forget the price---those were some of the ugliest shoes I've seen in my life!!! NOPE, not gonna happen--she's little for her age and has skinny little legs and those shoes would look like huge bricks on the ends of her tiny little legs!!
traci1972
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:07 AM
the girls do like name brands shoes they like etinies but i hit sale racks for clothes and spend wal mart prices or less.
SugarBabe
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:09 AM
We are making a tradeoff.  Cheap backpack for decent shoes.  He goes through shoes so fast I can't justify expensive ones.  He steps on the backs, grinds out the soles somehow, not worth it.  I've told him when his feet stop growing, when he can take care of his shoes, and when he gets a J-O-B he can wear whatever he wants.
grammamom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:37 AM
My son is 9 1/2 and he does not care one way or the other what name is on the clothes or where they come from as long as he likes the color. He does not care one bit about shoes either. Maybe he is not at the age yet where name brand matters, but even my 23 year old still does not care about brand names or where it comes from, as long as it fits and he likes the color. The only brand name anything my 9 year old has ever asked for is those Heely shoes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)