Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have a question.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
I think my nine year old has anxiety problems. Just recently and this has happened a good 3 or 4 times but this thing that happened has not happened in a good year or two but she'll start to worry about something then she turns real red starts wringing her hands then cries and then shes okay. But the build up is what bothers me. I mean its okay to  worry but I worry about her build up any suggestions and am I worrying about something that is not there.  Thanks Jenny
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MichelleMc
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:39 AM
Sounds like she really needs to talk to someone. It sounds like it will just get worse, and kids are mean, if they see her do this, who knows the teasing she will get. Which won't help her at all :(
LaBabiesMami
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:51 AM
Im not one to offer advice much... Except now. My 9yo will be in the 3rd grade come September 4th. She has a very hard time making and keeping friends. She is bossy and cries at the drop of a dime if she doesnt get her way, or if someone even ACTS like they are picking on her. She stayed back in kinder, because she wouldnt stop crying/peeing. I got her a councilor/therapits... whatever people call them now days. It helped alot, and then we had to move to Florida. Now Im back where we started, and I'm getting her help again, she is on a waiting list. I had to get someone else to help me, because I  dont know a whole lot about helping her with her issues, she doesnt want to talk to her "mommy" about things. Long story short, she lived with my horrible mom for 4 years, it damaged her insanely. Now, I have to pay the price, and she is too... but, if this gets worse with your daughter, maybe you might concider calling a professional to talk to her, help her get her frustrations out.
tinkerbell77
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 2:23 PM
i will tell u from my own personnel experience..i have anxiety/panic disorder..honestly it sounds to me like the "buildup" that you are referring to is an anxiety attack. you should talk to her dr. about it and have them determine whether there is a problem. good luck :)

TinKerBell77
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)