Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

birthday Ideas for my daughters bday?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my daughters bday is one week away, She's going to be the big 12! (lord help me) and I had given the idea at first to my daughter to have a pre bday sleep over. Only theres one road block, my daughter competes in swim meets for her local ymca and Shes got a HUGE meet on the 31st and i know being gone all day shes going to be exhausted, So Im thinking What else can she do on her acutal bday? Ive done every theme every yr, Bowling party,chuckycheese,roller rink, etc..Last yr she wasnt able to have one since her bday fell on a school day. Any ideas???

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soccermomtx1
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I really wanted to do a mall scavenger hunt party for my daughter this year, but it fell through. My daughter's BD is Dec 29th. I usually do her party about 2-3 weeks early, but didn't want to do a mall thing in the Holiday madness. I was going to do it in January, but never got around to it. In December I took my daughter & 3 friends to stay at a hotel downtown that had an indoor pool, so she did get a party. This year when she turns 13 (Lord help me) I'll do the mall scavenger hunt for sure. Look online and you can get some great ideas.

mommyneedssleep
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM

my daughter just turned 12 and we did dinner and movie with 10 friends of hers. it was crazy but fun

mom-2-2
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:42 PM

For my daughters 13th b-day this past November, I took her and  3  friends to get her 2nd earpiercing done that she wanted, each got a manicure with whatever color they wanted painted on, a bit of shopping in the mall, and then lunch/dinner and a movie at Cinema Cafe, which is an eat in movie theater here. We saw Journey to the Center of the Earth with hottie Brendan Frasier. Ooh La La.  They loved it!

romy381
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Ok I do have a great idea for this one!!!  For my daughters 12th b-day I turned my garage into a dance room!  It was so cheap and the kids had a blast!  I rented a disco ball from a local party supply store, $25.  I bought plastic table cloths from walmart, (enough to line the walls) under $1 each, hung and lined the floor with white x-mas lights, pulled out my stereo with all my kids CD's, (some kids also brought CD's), set out snacks and ordered little caesars pizza $5. each.  in total I spent under $100. for a party of 26 kids. The kids danced all night long well till 10:30 when the party ended.  It was a blast and kids are still talking about that party today!  The best part all of the mess was in the garage so...a trash can and a broom was all the clean up needed!!!  Not sure how I am going to top that one!

luvsbeinamommy
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM

well i dont know how your financial status is, but for my sons 12th bday in oct we allowed him to choose where he wanted to have dinner and he chose a japaneed kitchen where they cooked in front of you and we invited a couple of cousins and then we allowed him to pick a few places he wanted to go for the day. We gave him a 100.00 dollars and we had a wonderful time. He had told me he didnt want a bday party because he is not small anymore. Whatever you decide to do i hope you have a great time.

LUVSBEINAMOMMY (CHRISTA)

credit cardmakeupsexy

monshine2
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:49 PM

This is what my daughter did for her 12th b-day and then they did a sleep over after. Can you do it the weekend after the swim meet?

For my daughters 13th (Lord help me too! LOL) in March, if the weather is good were just going to have a big party at the park by the house - BBQ, music, maybe get a softball game going, etc... She will get to invite whoever she wants since this b-day will be kinda a big one - officially a teenager Ahhhhhhh!

Quoting mommyneedssleep:

my daughter just turned 12 and we did dinner and movie with 10 friends of hers. it was crazy but fun

mykidzmom-1
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:55 PM

We don't always have the party on the actual day in our house.  It usually has to be some weekend around the date. 

Feel free to check out my profile for my website.  We did a Spy party for my DS's 12 and a Clue Myster party for my DD.  Either of those might really be fun for your DD.  My website has all the details including a shopping list.  My kids love the home parties b/c they end up being so much more fun than the standard parties...

Best of luck!

sahlady
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:52 PM

I think she is old enough to understand that in life there are commitments we must honor and that a specific day is not important.  Have your big blow out party on a different day. 

At our home the birthday child wakes up to a room full of streamers... and if the actual birthday is not going to work for a party we have it on a different day... but they still felt special on their actual birthday because of the streamers.

jbmmom
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Do you need to have the party on her exact birthday?

My friends daughter had a mani-pedi party for her 12th birthday,  She was able to invite 5 friends and then they went out to lunch, she had a great time at the intimate gathering.

Good luck!

proudmama4
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 7:41 AM

How about a spa party.  When my DD turns 13 (becoming a teenager), I'm doing that for her.  I still have a few years to go, but have already checked on it :)  At our spa, they do a mini mani and pedi, and your choice of massage or facial.  They do 10 girls for $300.  Not bad.  And they supply food and refreshments.  I would just have to do the cake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)