Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

shirt for 11yr old daughter

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter has a big event coming up next month in DC.  She's required to wear a plain white long sleeve button down shirt.  The problem is that she's not really in little girl's sizes anymore and when you're talking about something so potentially tailored, she's not in a junior's or women's either.  She can wear some plus size little girls, but I'm at a loss as to who may have such a specific item in a plus.  I know spring clothes are in the stores now so that may add more challenge with finding a long sleeve shirt.  My last resort is to find a misses petite and have it altered.  Ideas? 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
May-20
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Try JCPenney in their school uniform section.

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=50658&GrpTyp=SIZ&ItemID=15f517b&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=42249%7c42445&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=13&CmCatId=42249|42445|50658

It comes in plus sizes and isn't dreadfully expensive.

---------------------------------------
Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God...What a Utopia, what a Paradise would this region be. - John Adams
jazzyandpat
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:17 PM

maybe try a lil boys.. if she will wear it for the day.i have the same problem as you my dd is in strange sizes it is very hard to find her something t hat fits her.

missyrooTX
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Thanks ladies!  This is such an akward stage.  I'll check out both of your suggestions:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)