Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should i switch her to a differant school or should i homeschool her??

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

you should probly answer if you live in Tennessee...

Family-fun101

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bisouu
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:20 PM
?

Toss Toss No Hands!

jrdnjstn00
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 6:51 AM

What's wrong?

Why do people in Tennessee have to answer?

lisaspainhour
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:39 AM

I'm confused...?? There's no reasons why you are asking this question

jns131
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I think what the poster is asking is this. She is having troubles with her child's school and is asking if she should pull her from her public school or homeschool her. The question I pose is this. Why home school if you can talk to the principal and/or school counselor who might be easy to talk to. We have had nothing but problems in the last month with our daughter who has started lying to us about homework. She is an honor roll student. We are having troubles with one teacher and have told the school that if this teacher becomes her 7th grade teacher we will not accept this. They have agreed to make sure she is with someone else in September. We are watching this teacher closely. I think the school is too. I personally would love to homeschool if our daughter was not an only and also not such a pain the neck to deal with. If she was shy, quiet and respectful, then yes. Otherwise, I am fed up with her mouth, her attitude and the way she talks down to us. I also work as well. So the bottom line is this, if you have no troubles talking with the staff? Then keep in where she is. But always keep the options and lines of communication open.

Tn-hser
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Not sure about the problem but if you can handle her and the rest of your life homeschool is a great option.  You will be more able to work with her and go at her pace than public school because you will be one-on-one and they have 20-30 other students.  I am in Tennessee and would be glad to help anymore if I can.

bleumonster
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 9:27 AM

I am in Tennessee but I am at a loss as to what I am supposed to advise on. My kids' school is good but that's because it is small and both the teachers and principle knows and has a good relationship with both the students and parents. I have no great desire to homeschool because I think it would be doing a disservice to my children lol. However if we had a good private school that was affordable in our town, my oldest would probably go there just so she could have smaller classrooms.

Kim  

Anne611
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Not trying to be mean here, but, just an observation. Maybe you should learn to spell better before taking on homeschooling.

Kathleen1
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Check with Connections Academy that's the cyber school my daughter is going to next yr.  We were in it before and should have stayed....I hope there is a charter near you it's all free even the computer.

Kathleen

Tn-hser
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Maybe check out some of the homeschool groups on Cafemom, they are informative and supportive.  We would like to know the problem to better advise you.

monshine2
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Do what you want but if you homeschool her make things more clear than this post :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)