Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tween Titans Tween Titans

What do 11-12 year old boys like to do for fun!?!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 11:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

He seems to be getting bored easier and I don't want him to stay on video games all day, he doesn't play them much, but he's ALWAYS under me "Mommy, what are you doing?" "Mommy are we going anywhere today? " "Mommy?" He's driving me nuts.

What do 11-12 year old boys like to do that is productive/fun and doesn't cost much?

by on Apr. 6, 2009 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
startrace96
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Well that was going to be my 1st choice. My boys they are 11 and almost 10. Love video games, playing on the computer, riding their 4 wheeler, playing football. Thats about all they do.

rfourangels
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 1:24 AM

I have (2)- 11 yr old boys, and (1) 12 yr old boy. Sometimes, I just send them outside to get them off the videos and computer games- no ipods out there either. They play football, pitch balls for each other, play basketball, ride bikes... if it is stormy they have board games for inside, or even twister... lego ship building

If they don't want to play outside, they still get to go outside, but will pull weeds for me instead. Given the option, they seem to find something to do :)

If he doesn't have siblings, maybe you can invite a friend over?

mamacanfindit
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I have an 11 yr old and a 12 yr old. Yes , they love the wii and computer. My 12 yr old is into skate boarding so we have built him some small ramps and rails in the yard. My 11 yr old is more of the hunter type. He is really into air soft guns that shoot those little plastic pellets. He also has a good collection of pocket knives that he likes to carve sticks with. They love jumping on the trampoline. I also bought them a cheap digital video camera and they love making little videos with their friends and putting them on youtube. They always have friends over on the weekends. People always ask me how I can stand with a bunch of kids around all the time but it keeps my kids busy and happy( and home) and then I am able to get stuff done and relax.

Stefani74
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 8:37 AM

My 12 year old would play his video games for hours at time if I let him.  But he has to play outside before he can play his video game.  The deal is If he spends 30 min outside playing he can spend 30 min plauing his game.  So he plays basketball, football, rides his bike or sometimes just goes out and shoots his paintball gun at targets....just so he can play his video game.  But he also loves to read books....he may spend an 30 to an hour a night reading.  And he also loves to play board games and play cards. 

Melomom75
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I was having the same problem with my 10 almost 11 year old.  So I just went back and thought about what my mom did with us.  I have 4 brothers and 1 sister and we had an atari and super nintendo but we hardly played that.  So she really got us into drawing and the arts.  She took us to arts and crafts stores and bought the boys books on sketching.  They would complain that they didn't know how to draw so she would buy tracing paper and they would trace the illustrations in the books that taught you how to draw.  Then she would buy us pastels which blend with the touch.  The boys got into creating their own comics and I loved drawing abtract art.  My kids love doing this today.  They are not too excited at first, but once you get them into it, they really begin to enjoy it.  My mom simply introduced us to the world of art.  Now pretty much all 6 of us can draw anything you like.  It really helped with completing projects in future years at school.

sahlady
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM

My 12 yr old's ideal day would be a game of football in the park.  or baseball. or throw the dirt clod at the guy. or tag the guy by pulling his shirt until he falls to the ground. or riding a bike past the cute girls house and then saying something real stupid like "your so stupid, you cant find your way out of a box'.  or climbing a tree.  etc.

you get it....... anything out side, that gets them dirty, stinky, and where they can beat on each other.

monshine2
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Get him involved with sports - baseball, football, swimming, etc...
ride his bike or skateboard
read a good book
have a friend over or go to a friends

lilmama24725
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 11:47 AM

My 11yr son love video gameseither on the computer or wii.  He love to go outside and play with his nerf gun.   This is that huge one that like a mach gun.  His and his friend have a blast.  Oh and he loves to bug the stew out of his sisters, especially the 12 yrs.   He watches the history channel and other show like that.  He reads plays on his dsHeck he will just go outside for the heck of it.

Brittania
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 11:52 AM

We have a rec center that has basketball, Pool, Mini Golf, Water Park and rock climbing wall. It costs about 25/ month, but it was well worth it. Also, if you have an amusement park nearby, that might be something if you get an annual or seasonal pass. At this age, they definately need to be entertained. My son doesn't mind going on a hike with a few of his friends, but it takes some pulling and moaning to get him out.

We also have a rule in our house that he gets 2 hours of video games, and 30 min of that has to be educational. Either a typing tutor, math or language game.

BooBooKitty100
by on Apr. 7, 2009 at 1:53 PM

My 11 yr old got in trouble and banned from the computer so now he goes outside to play.  He rides his bike around the neighborhood and shoots his nerf guns. He has started writing a book and takes karate 3 days a week also.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)