Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP I have 11yr old twin boyz need I ssay more

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hey there, I just want to start out by saying that I have twin boyz that are together 24/7...!!!!!!!!!!

I know that if I have heard it once I have heard it a million times boyz will be boyz... For the past several weeks they have been going at it tooth and nail.. I mean the pushing fighting hair pulling name calling package... I have tried everything from sending them one at a time to a friends house or taking them somewhere one on one but nothing seems to work.... If any of you out there have any advice or suggestions I am game.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gobimom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM

It sounds to me like they need time away from each other....do they play sports?  Friends of ours have twin boys and they both play baseball....mom actually makes them be on different teams so they get time away from each other and have different friends.  Maybe encourage them to get involved in a different activity. 

twinzmom97
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Yes mam they play select baseball. It's funny they are different as night and day but they both have the same friends it's so weird... This summer I am going to try to sign them up for day camps at different locations I hope this helps. What's even weirder is that they have separate bedrooms but still sleep in the same bed. They exhaust me

PhillyinFrance
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I don't have twins but I have to laugh!  I have a 15 and 13 year old that look like 16 year old twins in fact, but believe me, the day they start getting along, watch out!!!   The only thing worse than siblings fighting are siblings who cover each other up in their teen (mini) crimes! 

One day I was walking down toward the bedrooms and my daughter walked by and tapped on one of the doors... weird?  yea, bro had snuck on to the PC in one room while we thought he was in bed in his bedroom!    I'm sure there are other times they go on after school, but since they no longer rat on each other, I don't know.

And I thought it was so cool they were going into town together, meeting friends, etc... sure, she was seeing one of his bad boy friends, and neither would ever mention that boys name when I'd ask who they were with, etc.   My son even told my daughter to keep it a secret 'cuase he didn't want hell to break out at home!?!.

And boy, the solidarity they can have in supporting each others view that it is the teachers fault they get a bad grade!

So, if there is any comfort in it, remind yourself that at least if they are fighting all the time, one will be ratting on the other if the do something wrong.    When they start to get along, then you are really in trouble!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)