Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bi-Curious Grampa

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM
  • 9 Replies

On the way home tonight from some medical testing, my son was in the back seat musing about the professions of his great-grandparents.  Unfortunately, all of them had left this earth before they got to meet out bundle of testosterone riddled ADHD joy.  I spoke of my grandparents on both sides - nothing special there, just typical lower middle class Americans just trying to feed their families.  When it came to my husband's grandparents, he said - "Well son, your great grandmother worked in the cafeteria of the mental hospital."  "Really???"  said my wondering child.  "Yes" said my husband.  "And your grandfather was a resident of the mental hospital."  My husband and I chuckled at this, but it's the honest to god's truth - he was.  "So my great grandfather was insane?"  my son asked, a note of concern in his voice.  I tried my best to cover up my giggles and said  Sweetie, your great grandfather was just - ah - well - ah - let's just say he was a bit confused." 

From out of the darkness of the back seat, my son said "So my great grandfather was bi-curious????"

I couldn't help but laugh out loud, and soon enough, we were all laughing and snorting.  I said "No-no-no - he wasnt SEXUALLY confused, just plain old confused!!!!!"  The giggles got the best of us and we all started belly laughing out loud and tears came to my eyes.  My hubby says "No more internet for you!" between gasps for breath. 

And that's how bi-curious grampa was born.  Sounds like a new episode of the Simpsons, don't it?  Bi-Curious Grampa. 

12 year olds say the funniest things!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DalesLgndLvsOn3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:00 PM

OMG I think I just peed a lil bit reading that LMAO!!!!   That will bring you chuckles for YEARRRRRRRRS!!  LOL 

dragonfly7271
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I had to write about it.  It was just TOOO funny!

PhillyinFrance
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:54 AM

Bi-curious?   II never heard about this term in France, so I checked out the French  equivalent (there is.. bi-curieux).  There's also hétéroflexible!

I'm so enlightened.    And may your bicurious grampa rest in peace!

myangels310
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 6:15 AM

rolling on floorOMG! I really should laugh but wow!  Bi-curious grandpa that is great. Am so sorry for laughing I can't stop. Out of the mouth of babe's. All we can do is love them.

dansnqueen
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Kids say the darndest things!! Too funny!!! Glad everyone had a good laugh!!laughing

Those are the momments you'll remember!!!! 

mom2aliltater
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM

OMG that was too hilarious!  That was the best story I have heard all week. Thanks for the laugh.

dragonfly7271
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Im glad you liked it!  I couldnt resist posting this.  The funny thing is he asked me later "what does bi-curious mean mom?  Really?" 

Oh I am SO not ready for that conversation!  Thank goodness hubs explained it to him!

blessed.mom
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Too cute!!! Thanks for sharing. I got a good giggle once I realized what happened.

Gina

bleumonster
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I was a bit bi-curious too until I read the whole story lol. That was too funny!

Kim  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)