Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worrying too much about my son's problems

Posted by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM
  • 2 Replies

Any advise on how not to worry too much? I've noticed I really "take on" my kids' problems. Whether social or academic or behavioral, I worry and fret and project into the future and worry myself into a tizzy. How can I be a caring mother and not "take" their pain with me all the time?

by on May. 24, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
motofamily
by on May. 24, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Oh, that is a tough one.  The best advice I have is for you to think about yourself at their ages and realize that you did learn from mistakes and problems.  They need to be problem solvers now so that when they are young adults, they have had enough bumps in the road to have good heads on their sholders.

It is hard to find a good balance with that.

sahlady
by on May. 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Your a mom.... your going to worry.  The key is to not let them know, and to not let it consume you life.  Are you trying to say that it has gotten to the point of effecting your quality of life?  If so I suggest you find a family counselor to help you put it in perspective.

Otherwise, remember that most people learn more from their mistakes and get a deeper leason than they would if they never made mistakes.  You just need to guide them so that their mistakes are not life altering. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)