• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not paying attention to time

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am a little bit nervous about Ryan starting middle school. He don't seem as attentive to time and stuff like my oldest son was at his age. The problem is he has to leave for his bus after I will already be gone dropping my daughter at her school. He should be on his bus stop by the time I get back. I just know though he's really not the best at paying attention to what time it is. I had this problem last year where I said we are leaving in 10 minutes and he should get his things together. Then I start getting the little boys ready to go and 10 minutes later I have to go remind him that we are leaving and he won't be ready. Any ideas to maybe help him get himself going. It will really suck if I have to drive him to his school because he missed his bus.

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KimmyPoo
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I pray it get better. I sure it will. good luck

PinkLight
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:25 AM

You could buy a timer or two  at target or walmart and set them  before you leave the house. They could be 5 minutes apart, so the first one means get your stuff together and the second one is for going out the door.

sahlady
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Tell him if he misses the bus that he will be driven to the bus stop by you on the way to drop your daughter off.  All the other kids will see him get there early dropped off by his mommy. 

Maybe the fear of humiliation and having to stand around will motivate him. 

officerjoeys
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Thanks for the ideas :) 

www.myspace.com/lilmisstink

monshine2
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Can you call him and remind him he has 20 minutes or so?
Set an extra alarm for him so he knows to look at the clock?

You just have to keep on top of him and with some time he'll get it... My DD is "blonde" sometimes but she's been taught or "trained" to get herself up and going and is really good about it now...

YumCoffee
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Get him a sports watc ( that he would like ) that has multiple alarms or stops on it.  Give him a few alarms each morning... to wake, ten minutes before he leaves, then the leaving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)