Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Princess Perfect attitude at 12years! :\

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:39 AM
  • 5 Replies

Advice....is needed ...PLease

wanting to take my daughter to a live musical production of the 70's show Schoolhouse Rock ....and she just changed on me from a sweet kid to a mean kid cause I told her she had to go. She looked me up and down and had a smirk on her face. OMG I almost fell over. Totally distrubing! Should I make her go?

The thing is she loves this show and its being performed LIVE! but she does not want to go on the day I picked. i dont want to give in but then I am thinking that maybe I need to work with her. Thoughts? Anyone?

aRMIDa
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
c_turtle21
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:43 AM

To me this is a ultimatum type thing...you simply tell her this is the day I am willing to take you, if you don't want to go that day then we don't go at all. Simple as that. If she chooses to demand to get her way and not budge then she looses out.

coolmami
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Thank you so much ...Great advice and I am going act on it. :)

Earth-Angel
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 8:02 PM

I agree!

Quoting c_turtle21:

To me this is a ultimatum type thing...you simply tell her this is the day I am willing to take you, if you don't want to go that day then we don't go at all. Simple as that. If she chooses to demand to get her way and not budge then she looses out.

Babs

sahlady
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM

They must learn early on they may not rule the roost with attitude.  Stay strong!

mykidzmom-1
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Quoting c_turtle21:

Ditto and ditto to the ruling the roost.  You are the boss.  They can try to act all sassy but they need to know they lose when they do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)