Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STARTING OFF RIGHT.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:14 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am new to the group and thought I would start off here sharing positive.  My name is Candie and I am the mom of a GREAT 10 year old teen titan named Sterling.  He rocks my world.  I am also mom to a 17 year old daughter and a 18 mo.old daughter. 

I got a phone call from my son's teacher night before last where she informed me that in her 14 years of teaching she has NEVER taught a boy with as must respect, kindness, politeness and care than my son.  She was amazed that his manners were not just toward her but toward everyone, even his classmates.  He is a great kid. 

Now, the talk about the 17 year old...........ummm, another day, group perhaps~L  She is something else.

Have a great Friday.

Candie~

I have been a mom for 17+ years....I have been there, done that, seen it all and probably have the scars to prove it.

~We wanted to do a domestic open adoption so our daughter could know her birthfamily. Our daughters birthmother chose not to abort her, how could we abort our daughters birthmother from our lives.~

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GraceN.Mercy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:32 AM

My son is 11 years old.  He has adhd and he is well known in his school for being kind hearted.  He doesn't always do or say the right thing but he always means well.  I got him a book I thought he would enjoy from the library. He said he didn't like it. I read part of it to him and showed him the interesting pictures. He thought it was funny . Today he put his head on my shoulder and asked me to read more of it to him...He is my youngest child. With him growing so fast, sometimes I forget to spend personal time with just him.

you rockGraceN.Mercy

tmedae
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM

My 9 yr old son Derrick also has ADD and affects his schooling terribly.  He makes wonderful grades but has trouble following along in class and gets upset when the teacher stays on him about it.  I understand the teachers frustrations I feel the same way some days.  He is very smart and has great potential if I can just find a way to help him stay focused.  Homework isn't so bad because I can turn everything off and it is just him so no distractions.  I love my son and think that he saved me from going down the wrong path when I got pregnant with him.  We have tried meds but they were horrible.  They all made him very out of it and his grades started dropping so now we are trying to find a balance so this year will be much better. 

photomom226
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Have you tried natural supplements to help him focus?

My DD is 11 and has ADD and she has been on Straterra and Prozac, which both had serious side effects, so I started researching natural remedies and found Calm Child tablets and DHA Smart squirts from evitamins.com. She has been taking them for about a month now and there has been a major improvement in her abilty to focus. She even gets all her classwork done at the same time as the other kids which has NEVER happened. Worth a try if you have had trouble with meds.

Quoting tmedae:

My 9 yr old son Derrick also has ADD and affects his schooling terribly.  He makes wonderful grades but has trouble following along in class and gets upset when the teacher stays on him about it.  I understand the teachers frustrations I feel the same way some days.  He is very smart and has great potential if I can just find a way to help him stay focused.  Homework isn't so bad because I can turn everything off and it is just him so no distractions.  I love my son and think that he saved me from going down the wrong path when I got pregnant with him.  We have tried meds but they were horrible.  They all made him very out of it and his grades started dropping so now we are trying to find a balance so this year will be much better. 

tmedae
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Quoting photomom226:

Have you tried natural supplements to help him focus?

My DD is 11 and has ADD and she has been on Straterra and Prozac, which both had serious side effects, so I started researching natural remedies and found Calm Child tablets and DHA Smart squirts from evitamins.com. She has been taking them for about a month now and there has been a major improvement in her abilty to focus. She even gets all her classwork done at the same time as the other kids which has NEVER happened. Worth a try if you have had trouble with meds.

Quoting tmedae:

That would be wonderful!!! I'm going to order some now and how they do as good for me as they did with your daughter.  Its always great to see them excel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)