Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spitting up I NEED HELP

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:41 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 353 Total Views
Hey everyone i have a question my son is 7 weeks old and a week and a half ago he developed collic however Im afraid it might be somthing else he spits up after every meal every single time he ates he will spit up not always right after could be an hour afterbut he does Ive heard of acid reflux but not sure if thats what he has ANY HELP would be great...................(i breast feed) Monica
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LilNoahsMommy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:19 PM
My son suffered from colic and he also has acid reflux. When he spits up, does the baby seem to be in pain, like screaming when you burp him or arching of the back?
bnnic
by on Aug. 4, 2007 at 1:45 AM
my daughter is 10 months old and she still has g.e.r.d. it seemed like she would be spitting up until it was time to eat again.her dr waited until she was 3 months old aand told us thats what she has, and they put her on prevacid and i stoped breastfeeding and she still drinks enfamil a.r. for acid reflux. she is alot better now.ALOT!
palinkasx6
by on Aug. 5, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Andrew spits up a lot too. He's 5 weeks old now. His colic is horrible as well. I am just about at my wits end. I have noticed that he is much worse when I have a lot of milk, so I am cutting that out for myself. He also has very bad baby acne that flairs up with heat and my milk consumption. I have bought him gripe water from Wegman's and that seems to be helping a lot, even with the spitting up.

~Allyson~

jennasmom
by Member on Aug. 10, 2007 at 7:00 AM

Quoting palinkasx6:

Andrew spits up a lot too. He's 5 weeks old now. His colic is horrible as well. I am just about at my wits end. I have noticed that he is much worse when I have a lot of milk, so I am cutting that out for myself. He also has very bad baby acne that flairs up with heat and my milk consumption. I have bought him gripe water from Wegman's and that seems to be helping a lot, even with the spitting up.

~Allyson~

sounds like a milk allergy.....   the fact that he spits it up and has acne is a pretty good sign of it.  Jenna would cry, scream and spit up a little.... she would also get a few spots of excema- once we stop giving her milk based stuff it all cleared up.

newmom2nate
by Group Admin on Aug. 18, 2007 at 11:37 PM
The way I understand it is that ALL babies have Acid Reflux ( GER ) BUT NOT ALL have Acid Reflux "Disease" ( GERD )

Please visit www.colicsolved.com for a list of signs and symptoms to look for signs that your babies Reflux is hurting them.

Have you considered Milk Allergy as well?

I wrote a post in this group about Formula.  I used to Nurse as well up until my baby was5 1/2 months old and his symptoms got a TON better, but not with sleeping issues completely.

He didn't sleep completely through the night until recently for 2 or so weeks now.  He's just now 9 months old.  I know thats a long wait for someone with a newborn, but maybe the comforting new is that every baby is different.

I know its so frustrating.  I'm scared my next baby will have colic, but I hope that the Mom's and Dr's will figure out.  My newborn 2 week old baby was up for 13 hrs straight crying in a "pain cry" ( babies are supposed to sleep 18 hrs right???!!!)  When we finally took him to the Emergency room at 7am, (and after a few X-rays with images of Gas bubbles in his stomach ) the Dr's came to us and said he had COLIC.  What a bunch of crap!  ( Thats what I think of their diagnosis when I look back on those rough times) 

They SHOULD have hospitalized my baby.  Honestly, then they would'nt of just said it was colic.  Give me and my baby a break!  I want my $75 co-pay back.  I think I'll go get my Doctorate Degree and charge for my opinions too someday.

Anyway there is my advice and venting for the day.  Maybe it will help to know there are others out there with similar situations.

proudarmywife20
by on Sep. 13, 2007 at 12:57 AM

I went through the same thing with my son.  They kept telling me it was colic he'll grow out of it, but I knew it was something else.  Colicky babies normally don't sleep good, but mine slept through the night as early as 9 weeks old, and he'd done it before that just not every night but anyway, check into what's called PYLORIC STENOSIS.  It can be both serious and mild.  It's when the opening to the stomach is either closed all the way, or even partially, causing the muscles around the stomach to spasm a lot, this will make the baby spit up a lot.  It can be very painful, it can be serious if untreated, but it is treatable.  Some dr's may "fight" you on getting it diagnosed, but it's a simple sonogram.  Thats all it takes.  It's also hereditary, so if you or the father had problems like that when you were babies, it could definately be Pyloric Stenosis.  It doesn't have to be hereditary but it can be.  But it's at least another option instead of just hearing "it's colic he'll grow out of it"  Good luck I hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)