• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know what you're going through

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1155 Total Views

Hi I'm Emily! My son Vincent was extremely colicky and for 4 months I HATED my life! I wanted to start to share my experiences as a mother so I started a blog online www.motherhoodaintforwussies.blogspot.com. Check it out!! And I'm here for you all dealing with colci! Vincent is 11 months old now and the colic DID end...he is still high needs but colic is gone! It DOES END!!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
turkeyfish13
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Thank God! Mine's only 1 month old, & I'm really begginning to wonder if she'l ever be a happy baby! I feel like I'm losing it, I cant stand not being able to make her feel better, but the doctor said you just have to kinda grin and bear it for a while...... HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

monkeymom2009
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Whatever!! There is no grinning and bearing it. There are things you can try. Changing the formula may relieve it completely. It did for me. I had two Colicky babies, and my son is now 3 months, I was alone with no friends, no family and I would just hold him and cry with him for hours. I was so frustrated and hearing him scream was breaking my heart and crushing my spirit. Do you know that mothers have a physical response to babies crying and that colicky babies cry 3 times louder than normal cries....who ever said grin and bear it has never been there.

turkeyfish13
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Yeah, the first thing we did was switch formulas, she was already put on sensitive before we even left the hospital, and we just recently had the doctor have us try soy formula, but she was still uncomfortable, and she got even more gassy, whch made her cry worse, and now we're bak to sensitive.... We have 'Mylicon' gas releif stuff, but it doesnt help quite enough... Alot of the other mom's here wrote about turning on the vacuum, and surprizingly it does work (sometimes). But nothing seems to be a real winner for making her a happy baby, it's really depressing!!!!!!!!!

LBH1971
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I know what you are going through! I haven't been able to bond with her because she has been so miserable. I, too, have a 1 month old and at my wits end.  I am not shy about taking my kids to the doctor or calling the peds often.  I took my daughter yesterday and they suggested a new formula....Enfamil Nutrimigen. Have you tried it?  I IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference.  She is very peaceful and sleeping right now.  Her little body isn't so tense and stiff.  She didn't cry much, if any, last night during her usual fussy time. And to boot, she slept through the night!! Hooray!!!

LBH1971
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2009 at 8:04 AM

Did you try Enfamil Nutrimigen?  I heard that Soy is definately not a good option for colicy babies.  I put my baby girl on this yesterday and I immediately noticed a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)