Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally found relief!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2009 at 2:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 771 Total Views

Since we brought DS home he has cried every waking moment for 5 weeks. If he was awake he would scream and cry. After taking him to the clinic repeatedly, and being repeatedly told he has colic and nurse finally looked him over and suggested Alimentum.

He's been on it for only 2 days and he's a completely different baby. He smiles and looks around and rarely cries.

dancing

gay pride ribbon

I'm a first time, unwed, c-section delivering, spoiling, ANTI-CIO,cuddling, bottle-feeding, pro-choice, co-sleeping, PFLAG(little-bro), mommy who loves her son more then anything! PS i'm an anti-drama-mama so please keep me out of it

by on Jun. 18, 2009 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
unicorn2433
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM

that is awesome:)

Chatter Scene -- Fun Place for moms! Lots of fun, support, advice, games, contests with real prizes:)

turkeyfish13
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2009 at 5:13 PM

So what is the Alimentum stuff? Is that the hypoallergenic formula? My Ruby 1 month old now, and she was ok the first couple weeks, but since then she's hardly ever awake without crying and curling up like her tummy hurts, & I hate it! We use Mylicon drops for gassiness, which I think helps a little, but she's still miserable.....

barbra78
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2009 at 7:07 AM

That's awesome! What is it though? My son is almost 7 months old and STILL colicky. His dr told me that there was nothing I could do for him but wait it out... He has been colicky from almost the minute he was born...and still going. It's getting a little better, but afternoons are still almost unbearable....he screams non stop and uncontrollably for at least 3 hours every afternoon. (It used to be all morning and afternoon.)  I've tried about everything, and nothing works... what is it generally prescribed for?

monkeymom2009
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Hello, I was reading the posts here. I have a 3 month old. Who was also colicky, we tried it all then we switched his formula to Nutramigen which is like Alimentum but just a diferent brand. It was awesome. These are hypoalergenic formulas, they are predigested and Nutramigen even has probiotics ( the bacteria in our digestive system that babies dont have, it helps with digestion, breast milk has it but regular formula doesnt. The only downside to a hypoallergenic formula like Nutramigen, or Alimentum is the price. They are more expensive. But my son was switched to Soy and he was still screaming, then our pediatricin recommended nutramigen and two days later it was like a miracle!!! He was calm.

monkeymom2009
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Because colic is such an old problem I think alot of pediatricians dont really take it seriously. But thank God mine was willing to really help. Alimentum is a hypoallergenic formula, I used Nutramigen which is basically the same but made by infamil, just a different brand. It is so easy on newborns digestive systems and the only thing my son would tolerate with out screaming for hours.

monkeymom2009
by New Member on Aug. 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Im a nurse and a mom who had two colicky babies, my first was 10 years ago and she was colicky for 5 months it was a nightmare. The second one is now 3 months old and has been free of colic since 7 weeks because my pediatrician recommended a hypoallergenic formula. I wish I had known to do this with my daughter 10 years ago. It would have saved me months of depression. Mylicon really didnt work, but I know that putting my son on Nutramigen saved my sanity, and relieved my sons suffering.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)