Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling so alone

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 273 Total Views
Hello my name is Deanne, jan 3rd i lost my son, a month before his 21st birthday. Christopher was my youngest child of three. I am very much alone..and still in disbelief...my family and friends never call me. I have noone to talk to I cant help but think everyone has turned their back on me.I really need someone who has been through and understands what it feels like to loose a child..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AKmom79
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:28 AM

hi there Deanne... I am very very sorry for your loss... I lost my cousin to suicide when I was 16 and also a friend about 2 yrs ago who was in his 20s... although I cannot say I know what you are going through to lose a child, I did want to pass on some information from someone who has... please know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!  ...read below...

FOR ANYONE STRUGGLING WITH LOSS DUE TO SUICIDE...

I just wanted to share this really great website I came across - http://thegiftofkeith.org/ - it was started by a family who lost their 29 yr old son/brother & is a really genuine and helpful resource. hope it helps someone out there...

PS - A little bit of my story is that 3 months ago I lost my husband to cancer (at just 32 yrs old) and am expecting our first child... that is part of why i joined this online community here at cafemom - to help fight that alone feeling MANY people experience when grieving... (i have joined several groups that are more for my specific situation - there ARE people out there who care!!!) ...but my experience has given me a real heart to help and connect with ALL kinds of grieving people... I have been doing lots of online research about loss and came across the website above & wanted to share it... hope it helps.  Amanda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)