Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Support and Memory of...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 488 Total Views

Our troops have played a huge part in the shaping of this country. Some are lucky enough to see the men and women they love to leave and come back, although sometimes they aren't the same people that had left.  For others the aren't so lucky... I wanted to add a post where we could support our troops in the area, whether they are serving now, have served, or were killed while serving.

by on Aug. 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DiVine87
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM

In memory of Lance Corporal Andrew Francis Whitacre. Who was killed while on patrol in Afghanistan.

He was a friend of mine from high school. Even back in high school he knew he wanted to be a marine. I remember him talking about even wanting to be a sniper. Back then i don't think anyone expected him to die doing the thing he wanted most. On his myspace his headline reads "DEATH IS THE GREATEST ADVENTURE," That was always how Andrew had seen things.  Here is another example of how Andrew looked at being a Marine:

I am a marine training to go to war to fight for that civilian who knows not what  I'm fighting for
    I will fight not for my freedom i will fight not for my flag i will fight so that my children may enjoy the freedom that i have
    My family tells me that im not ready that i know not whats in store but blood and guts and sweat and tears are things that i adore
    Please fear none for my safety or for the things that i shall see for i would give my life with pleasure to ensure that you are free  
    But do not think of me a hero or worthy of your fame for i fight along side thousands of my brothers who would gladly do the same    
    And eachone of them would answer when asked why they do the things they do that they fight for those who cant for everyone of you
    But do not give to us your pitty for that is not which what we ask just realize that you are the reason for which we do our task
    And i challenge to you realize next time you look up at that flag that it still stands for freedom because of those who are willing to give all that they have

No matter how you view this war, whether you support it or absolutely hate it, one thing is for certain we ALL support our troops and appreciate what they do everyday for us.

kgcmomma
by on Aug. 31, 2008 at 8:12 PM

Are you from Portland, Bryant, or Jay County?   To be honest---I do not support the war--but I Support our troops!   My 5 year old wants to be in the Air Force---he talks about it all the time!  He asks how old he has to be to sign up. 

Quoting DiVine87:

In memory of Lance Corporal Andrew Francis Whitacre. Who was killed while on patrol in Afghanistan.

He was a friend of mine from high school. Even back in high school he knew he wanted to be a marine. I remember him talking about even wanting to be a sniper. Back then i don't think anyone expected him to die doing the thing he wanted most. On his myspace his headline reads "DEATH IS THE GREATEST ADVENTURE," That was always how Andrew had seen things.  Here is another example of how Andrew looked at being a Marine:

I am a marine training to go to war to fight for that civilian who knows not what  I'm fighting for
    I will fight not for my freedom i will fight not for my flag i will fight so that my children may enjoy the freedom that i have
    My family tells me that im not ready that i know not whats in store but blood and guts and sweat and tears are things that i adore
    Please fear none for my safety or for the things that i shall see for i would give my life with pleasure to ensure that you are free  
    But do not think of me a hero or worthy of your fame for i fight along side thousands of my brothers who would gladly do the same    
    And eachone of them would answer when asked why they do the things they do that they fight for those who cant for everyone of you
    But do not give to us your pitty for that is not which what we ask just realize that you are the reason for which we do our task
    And i challenge to you realize next time you look up at that flag that it still stands for freedom because of those who are willing to give all that they have

No matter how you view this war, whether you support it or absolutely hate it, one thing is for certain we ALL support our troops and appreciate what they do everyday for us.

beckystudebaker
by New Member on Aug. 31, 2008 at 9:49 PM

My husband is active duty in the army. He hasn't been deployed yet but is suppose to be going to Afghanistan in November but they keep changing it. I'm EXTREMELY proud of my hubby and what he does. He loves his job and I think thats awesome. So everyone please say a prayer for my husband that if he does go in November he makes it back to us safely.... Thank you!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body; But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: HOLY SHIT....What A Ride!!!

DiVine87
by Group Admin on Aug. 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM

I was born in Portland and have lived in both Portland and Bryant. So i'm a JC girl at heart.  Well i hope that by the time your son can enlist that this war will be over and we WON'T be headed towards another somewhere else!

Quoting kgcmomma:

Are you from Portland, Bryant, or Jay County?   To be honest---I do not support the war--but I Support our troops!   My 5 year old wants to be in the Air Force---he talks about it all the time!  He asks how old he has to be to sign up. 

Quoting DiVine87:

kgcmomma
by on Sep. 1, 2008 at 12:11 AM

My prayers and all my support go out to you and your husband.  Please make sure he knows that there is a family in Indiana supporting him!  My daughter would like to know if your husband has friends already in Irag or Afghanistan----she wants to start an "adobt a solidier" program in her school!

Quoting beckystudebaker:

My husband is active duty in the army. He hasn't been deployed yet but is suppose to be going to Afghanistan in November but they keep changing it. I'm EXTREMELY proud of my hubby and what he does. He loves his job and I think thats awesome. So everyone please say a prayer for my husband that if he does go in November he makes it back to us safely.... Thank you!

beckystudebaker
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2008 at 12:19 AM

We have a friend in Iraq right now. Also a guy from my husband's unit is there but not for very much longer. What does she need to get it started? My husband said thank you, it's always nice to know you have support from back home. He also said to tell your daughter he said thanks because he knows it will make some soldier's day to be adopted :)

Quoting kgcmomma:

My prayers and all my support go out to you and your husband.  Please make sure he knows that there is a family in Indiana supporting him!  My daughter would like to know if your husband has friends already in Irag or Afghanistan----she wants to start an "adobt a solidier" program in her school!

Quoting beckystudebaker:

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body; But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: HOLY SHIT....What A Ride!!!

kgcmomma
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 2:33 PM

My daughter's teacher said all we need is an address.  All members of her class that want to take part will be able to---I think they are talking about sending letters and an occasional care package.

Quoting beckystudebaker:

We have a friend in Iraq right now. Also a guy from my husband's unit is there but not for very much longer. What does she need to get it started? My husband said thank you, it's always nice to know you have support from back home. He also said to tell your daughter he said thanks because he knows it will make some soldier's day to be adopted :)

Quoting kgcmomma:

Quoting beckystudebaker:

mysunshine47
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 8:47 PM

my family and i support our troops fully, we have 2 friends that are going to iraq at the end of this week, theyve already been through their 6 wk training and they are spending a few days home with family and they get sent out this week for a year!!!!

foreverhis2707
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2008 at 6:57 PM

my husband is in iraq were hoping he gets to come home soon

brooklynsmom526
by New Member on Sep. 5, 2008 at 3:01 PM

My soon to be ex husband is in the Army National Guard. He has been in Iraq since march and he will be coming home in December. His cousin is in the Missouri National guard and is currently serving in Kosovo. Both men have young children, my daughter is 15 months and my nephew is almost a month old. I am so proud of both of them and all the rest of our troops.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)