Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Support and Memory of...

Posted by   + Show Post

Our troops have played a huge part in the shaping of this country. Some are lucky enough to see the men and women they love to leave and come back, although sometimes they aren't the same people that had left.  For others the aren't so lucky... I wanted to add a post where we could support our troops in the area, whether they are serving now, have served, or were killed while serving.

by on Aug. 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM
Replies (11-18):
jacobsgirl1
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2008 at 3:33 PM
My husband was in the army until an injury got us out last year. He served in OIF and OEF as well as a tour in Korea. He was one of the lucky ones who came back in one piece. His best friend did not. I am posting this in memory of SPC Michael "wolfie" Smith ...He was 26 years old. He loved his wife, tattoos, his home town of Philadelphia, and being a soldier. He will never be forgotten.
Ariannasmoma777
by Member on Sep. 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM

My cousin is in Iraq right now. He was home two weeks ago for leave and is now back, it was nice to see him. He is doing well and will hopefully be home in December. My husband and I also have a friend who is in Iraq right now who has two young children one of which he has yet to meet. So keep them in your thoughts. And in memory my husband had a really good friend from high school die in Afganastan when the Hummer they were in flipped. All three are Indiana boys.

DiVine87
by Group Admin on Sep. 19, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Got 2 more to add. A friend of mine just returned to Iraq from a leave. and an old high school friend in currently serving in Afghanistan. Both are tough men and I can't wait to see them home for good!

HayKlayMama
by Member on Oct. 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM

A friend of my family his name is Klay South, he was a marine. He was hit by shrapnel while serving overseas. He lived thank goodness, but he's not the person before he left. Keep our troops in your prayers all of them serving or not they need our prayers.

momofchrisjacey
by Member on Oct. 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM

My husband is active duty National Guard and is supposed to be in Iraq right now. He was gone for 3 months of training at the first of the year, but is in the process of being medically discharged. He has been very bummed out about it and feels he's letting his country down.

Now he's on what's considered rear deployment. He's at our local Armory basically on desk duty, which he's hating with a passion! I told him everything happens for a reason and I'm a firm believer in that. Maybe I'm just being selfish, but I'm glad we have him here.

While I don't support the war by any stretch of the imagination, I firmly stand behind our troops and am extremely grateful for everything they do....my husband included!

jcdmom
by New Member on Oct. 21, 2008 at 8:51 PM

praying that your hubby comes back safely too.

My nephew is in the Navy He was on the ship "Hopper" that was on the news.  They had their guarian angles with them.  He still won't talk about it.  He's back in Hawaii, with his wife and new baby.   Hoping he can stay there but you never know.

Hug and prayers for all our brave men and women!

Quoting beckystudebaker:

My husband is active duty in the army. He hasn't been deployed yet but is suppose to be going to Afghanistan in November but they keep changing it. I'm EXTREMELY proud of my hubby and what he does. He loves his job and I think thats awesome. So everyone please say a prayer for my husband that if he does go in November he makes it back to us safely.... Thank you!

jigsaw ribbon

Cressida
by New Member on Nov. 25, 2008 at 11:12 PM

My Brother Just left for basic training on October 29th. he graduates from that on Feb 12th and than comes home for 2 weeks than has AIT. His SGT told him that most likely he will deploy right after he is done with AIT.I am so proud of him but i cant wait from him to be home so i can give him a hug cause lord knows he needs one right about know because he just found out his fiance was cheating on him with another girl than she left him for her.

beth214201986
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 9:24 AM

my brother is in AIT not sure if that is right he has already done basic and he gets done with I think AIT in Feb and I hope he wont have to go out but he wants to and all I can do is stand behind him I wish it could be me instead of him he is my baby brother altough not much of a baby anymore lol and My Borther in law is In washington state right now getting ready to get deployed for his second tour. the first was tough on him it was hard to look at his daughter after the things he saw over there but it made him appreciate our country that much more

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)