Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome and introduce yourself!

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:58 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

Hi Ladies and welcome

As you can see we are just getting started here. I found that it was difficult to find a middle ground from the groups where it seems everyone is lining up for an IV, Pitocin, an epidural or a section.  I know these things have thier place but they were never part of my plan and knew I wasn't the only one.  So I wanted to start this group and let moms know that there was a third option .

I'll start with my introduction:
My name is Brandy. I'm 31 years old. I have three children from a previous marriage and just had a new baby with my husband. 
A short break down of my first three pregnancies and births is as follows:

1. High risk with preterm labor at 30 weeks and bed rest. Baby delivered with an epidural at 34 weeks -5lbs 2oz
  2. High risk with preterm labor at 30 weeks. Baby delivered via c-section at 32 weeks - 3lbs 14oz
  3. High risk with preterm labor at 30 weeks and bed rest. Baby delivered VBAC, with pitocin, drugs didn't work at 36 weeks - 7lbs
  4. High risk through 30 weeks, no preterm labor, no bed rest. Baby delivered VBAC, naturally, no drugs, no pitocin at almost 39 weeks - 9lbs 7oz!

Thank you ladies for being a part of this group. I'll get as much posted and going as we can and we'll answer any questions together!

www.timetobstrange.blogspot.com
Photobucket Married To An Ex-Marine BlinkieI Love My Girls Blinkie
Pink Freak BlinkieProud Mom Of 4 BlinkieProud Work At Home Mom Blinkie
TickerShack.com Ticker
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lajoy
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I am Holly. I am 31 years old and I have 2 daughters and one more girl on the way!

I am planning a natural birth at a hospital wth a midwife. Sometime around Jan 19-Feb 16th.

My 1st birth was induced at 11 days "overdue." Broke my water and gave me Pitocin. I had a pretty normal vaginal birth with no pain meds or epidural. 7 lbs, 14 oz.

2nd was 3 days "overdue." I went for my regular appointment with the OB and he asid if I was dialated at all he was going to send me to the hospital for induction. I was almost 2 cm and told him I did not want to be induced. He told me to walk and stay active and come back at 4 to be checked again. At 4 pm, I was 5 cm and feeling great. He sent me to the hospital and within an hour they started Pitocin to "move things along." Very confusing. I thought I was moving along just fine. Another vaginal delivery with no pain meds. 8 lbs, 3 oz.

This time I am planning to avoid Pitocin. As long as mom and baby are doing fine, I will stay at home for most of my labor. I am going to wait as long as I can to go to the hospital. I only live like 3 minutes away. My midwife is awesome and I hope to have a natural birth with very little to no interventions.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)