Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Good things happen too! I like my kids grown!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 9:40 AM
  • 2 Replies

The Men in my life...  When the boys were 2 or 3 years old, I thought they could never be more precious.  Raising them was busy.  Now that they are adults...when I look at them, I am so proud that I really do LIKE them all!  SUre they have all had their moments, but I really do like who they have become.  

I have always been very honest when my kids screw up.  Have never made a "false impression" with the "perfect" kids or family...but through it all, I knew they would grow and become who they are.  Have faith...what you instilled in them will rise to the surface!   Now you will notice that my daughter (20) is not in this pic...that is because she is IMPOSSIBLE!!!  Yes...I was definitely a better parent with boys!!  LOL  

Janet

I have raised my children, creating wonderful warm memories for them in hopes that they, will do the same for their children.....

by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Faith123
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM

What a lovely tribute to your family, and I want to thank you for sharing encouragement with us!

Oh, and speaking as the mom of 2 boys and 1 girl, I absolutely, 100% agree with you that boys are easier -- lol!

earthangel1967
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 10:58 AM

holding balloonsI hear so many moms long for the days when their kids were babies... while each age the kids went thru were precious ... I have to say wholeheartedly that my kids now being 15,17,18,21 and 23 have been the BEST and most favorite of all their ages prior!

It is soooo rewarding and low stress and FUN and it's awesome to get to be friends with them besides parent/child. We are all very very close.  Besides my husband they are my BEST friends I have EVER had.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)