Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you have a child in the military?

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM
  • 200 Replies

I thought it would be nice if our Military Moms had a post to meet each other!

If you have a son or daughter (or other family members) serving in the millitary, reply to this post and share some details about them.   What branch are they serving in?   Are they or have they been deployed? 
armynavy

A BIG THANK YOU for their service to our country!!

Feel free to also join CafeMom's Military Moms group! 
marinesair force

Thank you so much for being a member of the Moms with Adult Kids Group!!

coast guardcome home

Denise

happy veterans day

by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaniandTom
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I have one son in the Marines. He is a Sgt and currently attached to a special services unit where he is a sniper. He is in Afghanistan right now and has also done a tour in Iraq and Djibouti, Africa. He is making the military a career. These are from Iraq, last year.

He's the tall one.

karriewren
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:57 PM

not yet. my son is joining the marines after he graduates from high school

meandmyshadow
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM

air forceMy oldest son (Andrew) is in the Air Force.  He has been in the military for 10 years and has been to Afghanistan 6 times.  He is currently in Germany.  He plans to make the military a career.

This is the only real picture I have of him in uniform.  sad

meandmyshadow
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Quoting DaniandTom:

I have one son in the Marines. He is a Sgt and currently attached to a special services unit where he is a sniper. He is in Afghanistan right now and has also done a tour in Iraq and Djibouti, Africa. He is making the military a career. These are from Iraq, last year.

He's the tall one.

What a handsome son you have.  Tell him we are proud of him and appreciatw what he is doing everyday.

MPMom88
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 2:48 PM

My son, De-Jay, is in the Army and has been since he graduated from high school.  He is a 31Bravo, military police.  He served two years in Germany with a side tour to Romania where he was part of a joint task force.  Right now he is stationed at Ft. Leavenworth, KS where he is a guard.  He just re-upped for 4 years.  He has not deployed yet but is hoping to get with a company that will deploy in the coming year.  God help me. I am very proud of him.  He is actually coming home in 12 days, 23 hours, 42min.  LOL not that I am counting!  I look forward to making friends with other moms of the military!

MPMom88
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Great pictures!

Tell your son thank you and stay safe!!

EireLass
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2010 at 2:52 PM

neither of my kids are in the military. god bless you moms!!! you've raised some fine kids!!!! 

my daughter is a designer of spec. op. gear for the military. she works hard to make them comfy. 

GrandmaNancy
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Yes, I do.  He is a firefighter instructor at Tyndall AFB in Florida.

meandmyshadow
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Quoting MPMom88:

My son, De-Jay, is in the Army and has been since he graduated from high school.  He is a 31Bravo, military police.  He served two years in Germany with a side tour to Romania where he was part of a joint task force.  Right now he is stationed at Ft. Leavenworth, KS where he is a guard.  He just re-upped for 4 years.  He has not deployed yet but is hoping to get with a company that will deploy in the coming year.  God help me. I am very proud of him.  He is actually coming home in 12 days, 23 hours, 42min.  LOL not that I am counting!  I look forward to making friends with other moms of the military!

I hope you are busy cooking his favorite meals and freezing them so you can spend time with him and out of the kitchen.  My son is serving his second tour in Germany, has also been to Korea and one undisclosed location. 

I wouldn't want to be a guard at Leavenworth.  That has to be an awful job.

Do you have a picture?  I love to see them.

meandmyshadow
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Quoting GrandmaNancy:

Yes, I do.  He is a firefighter instructor at Tyndall AFB in Florida.

How handsome.  My son is a SSgt as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)