Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Was it hard when your children moved away from home?

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

Did you cry or throw yourself a party.

by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EireLass
by Gold Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 8:39 AM

i cried alot during my sons senior year of high school. he was moving away to college...1st born. college was only 30 miles away, haha. but he never came home after that......although was always in easy driving range. he's 30 now, just moved to TX (I'm in MA). but its okay.

my daughter...28.....seemed easier. maybe because i'd already gone through the leaving, and realized i would live. she moved to VA 3 years ago.....isee her every other month, 

mistynights234
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 8:42 AM

It was bitter sweet for me.  My oldest was a very high maintenance child, teen and young adult.  I wasnt sure if I should cry or sigh of relief........so I did both. 

NevadaSky
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Didn't cry or throw a party......Life just went on. 

raini65
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:04 AM

It was sad when the oldest moved out but he is in the next county south so not too far. It took some getting used to though.

victorianmom
by on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:15 AM

It was hard cause one is concerned for their safety and such. However I didn't cry or throw myself a party.

Now when my youngest flew for the first time by herself..I cried(and she was flying to my mom's in Washington State),she was 14yrs.old.

kam013
by Silver Member on Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:22 AM

I don't know yet, both still technically live at home, but I think I am about to find out.

DD, my baby, is at college and that was tremendously hard for me, just leaving her there, I cried for days.  Mine are 4 years apart so DD and I spent a lot of time together especially traveling with her soccer team. 

DS, is working on buying a house and will be moving out soon so I have that looming.  I know I will cry, but I also know that at 23, engaged, in school and working full time, this is the right step for him.  I actually appreciate his maturity in knowing before this they he just wasn't ready to move out and now he knows that he is, he has grown up so much and I love that!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN