Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How many kids?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 5:44 PM
  • 263 Replies
3 moms liked this

Do you have as many kids as you wanted, or did you want more/less?

by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I have one less than I originally wanted when I got married, however one as it turns out was quite enough. 

suthen_talk
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I have 2 sons and wanted 1 more but didn't get the chance. I had to have a hysterectomy (partial-just the uterus removed due to fibroid tumors). I wanted a little girl to grow up with big brothers.

raini65
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 6:11 PM

2 boys-just perfect

Faith123
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I have 3, always wanted 3, and feel that God blessed us incredibly by giving us these kids!

kandyblossom
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Wanted one more, but wasn't physically possible.

starchild321
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I wanted less than I have. I have 4. 2 of each. I am grateful either way though. I was told since early childhood that I couldn't have any. Doctor was wrong.

victorianmom
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM

It is amazing how a bad marriage makes one not want to bring any more children into the world cause you are concerned about how they will turn out(my oldest witnessed enough for a lifetime). Well then I met a wonderful man, and was blessed with two more daughters. So I have three daughters

earthangel1967
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 7:28 PM

We have 5- 2 boys and 3 girls.... I didn't have a preset number and I am so grateful for all of them.

YVONNE

Hedgewitch
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I never had an amount I wanted. I have 8 and I may have more any day. My husband and I socially adopt young adults with no support systems. We do not know of any young adults at this time who we may do in the near future, but you never know when one will enter our lives. It is not something done quickly, or taken lightly as it is something we do for life. Biologically we have 3 children the other 5 are adopted. 4 of the needed us and one has been in my life for many years and just this past year she said to me she knew she was not like the others young people I helped as she had a mother and father, but she wished she could be considered my daughter too. So, my husband and I talked about it and decided since we love her as if she is ours we would. She is the only young woman we have adopted who has a parent other than us.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

At the time & after the fact I was fine with my two,
Years later I wished I had three :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)