Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

When your kids were younger....

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

Did you all sit down to eat dinner together? Do you still, if they're still at home?

by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 9:14 PM

We did most of the time yes,
However sometimes DH would work too late so then the three of us.
then of course as they got older we were running here & there ;)

NevadaSky
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 10:19 PM

It was 1 of the rules in our home.  Dinner was/is served at 5:30 ~ everyone was expected to be there!  we enjoyed spending dinner time, talking about each others day.

Now that they are all married we still get together every other Sunday (at my home) and have Sunday dinner.

Malley
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 10:25 PM

We always ate dinner together, and we usually do now. My problem is my three year old grandson insists everyone has to eat together. If my dh wants to eat while he watches tv, the baby has to eat in the livingroom with him instead of at the table. I admit it-he's spoiled lol.

mom_dl6
by on Nov. 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

yes most the time(about 90%) sometimes we have dinner night in front of the tv watching movies on demand and we let them have the choice of food (minus fast food, it has to be home cooked)but they choose !

cstitch03
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Yes, we always sat down for dinner as a family. Even now with the grandkids we sit down as a family it is our time to talk about our day.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 21, 2010 at 12:13 AM

we did when they wre little, now we don't. We have almost zero counter space so all my appliances sit on my table.

txmom-o-3
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 1:40 AM

We did when they were little.  By the time they all hit school age, sitting down for dinner together pretty much only happened on the weekend.  I was a single mom with 3 VERY active kids.  We grabbed and went.  On the rare nights when everyone was home, we sat at the table with the exception of movie night.  We started that when the kids were teens, twice a month we rented a movie, I fixed finger foods, and we'd eat in front of the tv.

Sassy01
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 1:42 AM

even if it wasn't all of us, at least the girls and I would sit down to eat supper together. dh has worked security for many years and even when the girls were younger, couldn't always be home for supper.

The girls and I still have Sunday Supper together every week, and dh is still workin swing shift lol.

loveeeyore
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Yes we have always ate dinner together and still do !

mammapav
by on Nov. 21, 2010 at 7:40 AM

We all sat down together then and now for dinner. It was hard sometimes with all the activities but we would eat group hugearlier or later to work it out.. There were times we could not work it out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)