Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

150 Years

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM
  • 10 Replies

150 years ago April 12, 1861 Fort Sumpter sounded their cannons at 4:00am to start the War Between the States

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:19 AM

cool

GrandmaNancy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:59 AM

I have actually shed tears with all the commemorations.  I can"t believe our great country went through this.  Brothers, cousins, friends fighting and killing one another.  Thank God we were able to reunite.  Somedays I feel like we are still on opposite sides (Democrat vs. Republican!) but I hope we can all learn to respect each other and compromise so nothing like this will ever be repeated.  God bless the UNITED States of America!!!

Tiredmom53
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Amen to you response.  I am a Yankee, but my hubby is a Virgina boy and it taking this very serious.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Very interesting.  Thanks for posting this for us!

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:11 AM

My family was still in the old country then.  I find it a very interesting time period though.  I have been reading that a lot of what went on before the civil war is happening again.  That is scary. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I've visited Nashville a few times, and in addition to the mansions, some of my favorite places to visit are the battlegrounds.  I love the history.  I'm rather skeptical when it comes to ghosts/spirits, but there is definitely a presence in those places.   

Tiredmom53
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Totally agree! If our Government would only know their history and see that this is repeating itself

Quoting Why123:

My family was still in the old country then.  I find it a very interesting time period though.  I have been reading that a lot of what went on before the civil war is happening again.  That is scary. 

Tiredmom53
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Paranormal does exist, we meaning hubby and myself spotted a spirit on the Gettysburg Battlefield. There is a Manson here in town that was built in 1857 and there is a women spirit on the third floor they call the lady in white she is still looking for her solider to return from the war many, many people has spotted her.

Quoting KittyGram:

I've visited Nashville a few times, and in addition to the mansions, some of my favorite places to visit are the battlegrounds.  I love the history.  I'm rather skeptical when it comes to ghosts/spirits, but there is definitely a presence in those places.   

KatiesMom63
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I taught high school American history for 17 years and always tried to give my students a feel for what it was really like to live in th past.  I wanted them to see that life wasn't easy and sacrifice was a part of life for many generations. 

Tiredmom53
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM

My dh and I go to the schools and set up a hands on display of CW artifacts and talk to the children how it was in the past.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)