Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think you really need all your stuff?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM
  • 23 Replies

Do you have a garage sale? How much have you made selling your items?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I know I don't need all my stuff, LOL
Have done garage sales in past & have done ok ..
Don't do them anymore though ::blush::
Now we just give our stuff away :)

Mammaw0604
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:54 AM

I usually give my extra stuff to the Goodwill.  I don't get any money, but I do get a nice credit for my end of year taxes.  Plus it helps people with job training.

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I could certainly stand to get rid of some of my stuff.  Unfortunately, my son has the car he is working on in the garage and I can't get to any of my stuff.  He got the engine running and now it needs a transmission. 

Carolannie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Definetaly need to get rid of some "stuff". Hubby is planning on taking alot of it to the flea market once the weather is warmer.

loreli1262
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Ugh! Don't ask. LOL Having just gone thru packing and/or moving everything in my home...

We had a broken upstairs waterline a couple weeks ago and have moved temporarily while repairs are underway. Essentials went with us, everything else went into storage.

Hubby is very very convinced I have too much stuff! I'm inclined to think I need to thin down a bit.

Ironically, ten years ago I left my previous marriage with one antique desk & whatever clothes/keepsakes/etc that I could fit into the back of my truck. I very badly wanted away from the man and it just wasn't worth arguing with him over STUFF.

Apparently, I've accumulated more. LOL

I used to have yardsales, but now I just keep a "goodwill box" in the corner. When it's full, I put it in the car and drop it off.

r_luvli
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM

I'm planning a yard sale this weekend.....I dread doing, but hope to get some decent money***fingers crossed***

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I'm sort of a minimalist. But there is definately some stuff here that I don't think is necessary. Unfortunately, it doesn't belong to me. ha

MaggotMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I am a minimalist, so, I don't have things around that just sit and collect dust. I usually clean things out about twice a year. Spring and Fall, generally. We do NOT sell them. We give them away to other people or we donate them. Anything that's in my house at this point is used, so....yeah I need it.:)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:22 PM

nobody would buy the crap I have lol

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Quoting LadySaphira:

nobody would buy the crap I have lol

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)