Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Special Olypics Pics!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:34 AM
  • 8 Replies

Andrew and Casey attended our local area Special Olympics today. (Actually  they changed the name to  "Exceptional student Olympics" but I still call them but what they have been called for years)I couldn't stay long because hubby's back was acting up but I got a few pics.

Casey doig the high jump

Casey

Andrew not liking that they chose the color pink for shirts this year LOL

Casey, Andrew, and Mark

Ready, Set, RUN! (she came in 5th lol)

Click on the badge to find out how you can help!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I have always loved The Special Olympics, because the focus isn't on winning as much as it is on setting goals and participating, as well as sportsmanship.  Things often forgotten in "normal" sports settings.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Where was this held?, the kids from our community participated in the  event as well, wonder if it was the same one!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 21, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Quoting darmomusaf:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Where was this held?, the kids from our community participated in the  event as well, wonder if it was the same one!

Allegany-Limestone School

Click on the badge to find out how you can help!

stepmominhell
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:29 AM

The pics are great, and I can't really blame Andrew for not liking the color Pink...  I don't know to many boys who do when they get stuck wearing it...

I hope they enjoy themselves, and show you the ribbons when they come home...  I'm sorry that Hubby's back was bothering him, because I'm sure he would've wanted to be there as well.

I've worked a few of these events and they can be such a joy to see the kids and the support... 

MaggotMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I love the pics! My oldest son did some Special Olympics track about 2 weeks ago. Sadly, when it came time for him to really compete, he refused. He did great at all the one school events but when they got to the ones out of town with hundreds of people there, he bugged out.:( NO pics for me. 

kermsgirlie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

I have always loved The Special Olympics, because the focus isn't on winning as much as it is on setting goals and participating, as well as sportsmanship.  Things often forgotten in "normal" sports settings.

So so true coey....And I loved the pics and yeah why the heck did they make him wear pink??no fair!!!What a brave young man!!They are cute kids and from all your posts i know how much you love them and how rich (AND BUSY ) it is!!!You are doing a great job as a mother.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Love the pics!  I felt bad for him having to wear pink!  lol  Poor guy!

DesignGirl450
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like a fun event.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)