Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grandkids for the weekend

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM
  • 4 Replies

Mornin all.....so I have 3 of my 4 grandchildren for the weekend so one son can go help the other with projects around the house. 1,3, and 6 year old. The 2 year old is coming over today with his Mom to visit as well. I love having the kids here. It is just that I have so much to do. I work full time and have so much yard and garden work to do. The 1 year old won't sleep because his parents let him run around and don't ever put him in a playpen. I have a big house so I have to sometimes and he screams. I am getting too old. Thank God for my 17 year old daughter because she helps a lot with the kids. It would be nice if it would stop raining for 5 minutes. We can't go out because it is so wet. Wish me luck! Have a great weekend all.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Bmat
by Barb on May. 21, 2011 at 8:20 AM

It does sound exhausting.  I hope all goes well. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 21, 2011 at 9:02 AM

You will be tired but you will have a good time.  ( i think...lol)  My grandkids tire me out too but I love it.  I hope that when they get older they will look back and remember me with a lot of love.  I hope that I will be in a lot of the good memory stories.  lol  Just don't get too stressed because if you do they will pick up on it and then when they do look out!  LOL  Have fun.  Take a nap when and if they do.  lol

laurakay410
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I understand the love & frustration!!! Hang in there!!

kermsgirlie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:37 PM

seriously get a kiddie pool put it in the house and fillit with balls.those balls in ball pits??They will love it just pick up balls after!!Have them decorate a cupcake or even a make your own sundae.Art stuff things to keep them occupied!!Yeah the little ones are the hardest!!What a good grandma....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)