Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This will bring more than one tear to your eye

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 7 Replies

Dramatic movie marriage proposal goes viral

The extraordinary proposal by Matt Still involved a rented cinema, a Hollywood-style movie trailer and a stunned reaction from bride-to-be Ginny Joiner.

It all started when Ginny was taken to her local cinema by her brother, who told her they would be watching Fast Five.

Her reaction was filmed live as, instead of the expected movie, her boyfriend's feature was projected on to the giant screen.

Matt, of Atlanta, USA, had hired wedding photographer Michael Escobar to create the action-packed clip for Ginny.

It shows him asking her father for permission to pop the question in a Godfather-style scene that doesn't reveal either of their faces.

When he agrees to give her hand in marriage, the camera pans out and their identities are exposed.

Matt is then seen jumping into his car before racing off to the local cinema — where he can't resist pausing at the counter to buy a bucket of popcorn.

He then dashes into the screening room in dramatic slow-motion footage.

Gobsmacked Ginny turned around in her seat to find Matt actually entering the theatre behind her, engagement ring in hand.

The house lights come on, and Ginny can see the auditorium is actually full of her family and friends.

Titled "Greatest Marriage Proposal EVER!!!", the video had garnered an astonishing 2.2MILLION hits by Thursday morning, having been uploaded on Monday.

Click on the badge to find out how you can help!

by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Call me "heartless" LOL but It didn't bring a tear to my eye even the first time I saw it.  All I could think of was how I would have knocked my ex into next week if he pulled such a stunt.  I was on my own for almost 10 years before I got married.  I didn't need anyone to ask my father permission to ask me to marry him.   Besides if you want to ask me something that is going to affect my life you'd better be asking me and not one of my parents becaiuse it is just that...my life.  Yes I understand about tradition, yes I understand how "sweet" it is...I just don't agree with the archaic notion that a father needs to give permission for a daughter to marry or not. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 21, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I don't think him asking her father's "permission" is what makes it so sweet, I think it is the fact that he went through so much effort to show her how much she means to him and how much he wanted to marry her.

kermsgirlie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:27 PM

I watched it they made it kinda long but it was cute!I always like seeing proposals!!

etexmom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I loved it too, and posted it on FB for my friends to enjoy also.  I'm an "old-fashioned" kinda gal & loved that he asked her father's permission for his daughter's hand in marriage.  My husband did that also!

CATsMom362
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I think it raised the bar.   So glad my DD has an old fashioned BF who ask us if he could date her.

I didn't cry but I did think it was "GOOD". 

ADozenPlus
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I loved this... it shows that the young man respects both his bride to be and his future in-laws. He stated (not an exact quote)... "this may not be necessary, but it is important to me and I know it is important to your daughter that I do this."  By honoring what is important to her, he is certainly beginning on the right foot.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM

I think it's nice that he showed a major effort to do it this way.  Very sweet.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)