• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sarah Palin puts her kids first

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

I saw this on The Stir - What do you think?

Sarah Palin Puts Her Kids Ahead of Her Career

Posted by Nicole Fabian-Weber on May 20, 2011

sarah palin

When Sarah Palin was asked by Greta Van Susteren of her favorite news station if she had a "fire in her belly" to run for President in 2012this was her response:

I have that fire in my belly. It's a matter for me of some kind of practical, pragmatic decisions that have to be made. One is, with a large family, understanding the huge amount of scrutiny and the sacrifices that have to be made on my children's part in order to see their momma run for president. But yeah the fire in the belly -- it's there.

Bahahaha! Keeping your children out of scrutiny? Yeah, they're really great at that. Being concerned about your family's scrutiny? How about when you were running as Vice President? Or starring in a reality show?! Oh, Sarah, please let that fire in your belly just be a bad case of indigestion.

Sarah feels it's her duty to run, though. She wants to right this country after Barack Obama has crapped it up to no end. She continued:

I am so adamantly supportive of the good traditional things about America and our free enterprise system and I want to make sure that America is put back on the right track and we only do that by defeating Obama in 2012.

Just ... I ... you ... you know what? Let's just focus on the first stupid thing you said. Your daughter was on Dancing With the Stars and now she's starring in her own reality show! Do you really think she's just going to give everything up so you can run for President? And if her reality show somehow focused on how awesome and well-suited for the job you are, would you want her to stay out of the public eye then? Because you are mainly talking about Bristol here, right? If your children were picture perfect instead of ... normal kids, would you care about the attention they got then?

And what about when you were running with John McCain? Your family was still large. Why was it okay for "momma" to run for office then? And then why did you do that reality show? Why-oh-why-oh-why did you do so many things?

And don't feel bad for Sarah because I'm writing this. She doesn't care. She has a prayer shield. She told Van Susteren:

It feel like I have a prayer shield in front of me that deflects a lot of the negative attention that comes with being a public figure. [And I want to make sure my family has] that tool to deflect also so that they're not adversely affected.

Yes, Sarah. That is exactly what your family needs to protect them from any negative attention you may bring them. A prayer shield.

What do you think of Sarah's comments?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:19 PM

I don't pay attention to what Sarah Palin says period.  She's a joke.  When she was picked to run with McCain no one even knew who she was.  She was chosen pureliy as a ploy to get the woman's vote because Republicans figured with Obama in the number one seat he would choose Hiliary as his running mate.  Well that didn't pan out and STILL Obama won.  Obviously nobody wanted either McCain or Palin in the white house.

FlyHippie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hmmm....I'm not a big S.P. fan....but I do think this is a bit harsh on her. it's kinda saying she's a bad mom for wanting to run for Pres...but they're playing semantics with her words.

This article makes me want to vomit. Has there ever been a "he puts HIS kids first" article? Anyone ever think if Bush, Clinton, Obama, Ford, Washington, ANY OF THEM put their kids first?

Then don't do it to her. Whether you agree with her politics or not, as a WOMAN, support the fact that she CAN be a mom and run. Geez.

Very judgemental, I say.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

LMAO! As if!

raini65
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

I don't pay attention to what Sarah Palin says period.  She's a joke.  When she was picked to run with McCain no one even knew who she was.  She was chosen pureliy as a ploy to get the woman's vote because Republicans figured with Obama in the number one seat he would choose Hiliary as his running mate.  Well that didn't pan out and STILL Obama won.  Obviously nobody wanted either McCain or Palin in the white house.

yup

CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Quoting FlyHippie:

Hmmm....I'm not a big S.P. fan....but I do think this is a bit harsh on her. it's kinda saying she's a bad mom for wanting to run for Pres...but they're playing semantics with her words.

This article makes me want to vomit. Has there ever been a "he puts HIS kids first" article? Anyone ever think if Bush, Clinton, Obama, Ford, Washington, ANY OF THEM put their kids first?

Then don't do it to her. Whether you agree with her politics or not, as a WOMAN, support the fact that she CAN be a mom and run. Geez.

Very judgemental, I say.

As a woman Sarah with her drama/emotions/hormones brings us all down.  She flies off the handle at everything and milks it for all she can get out of it.  If she becomes president the first thing that will happen when someone makes a joke is she'll pick up that red phone and read the codes and that will be that.  I don't want her anywhere near that phone thank you.  She can't handle herself. 

MaggotMom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Blech. She's icky. Putting her children first. Yeah, that's why she was Gov. of Alaska while they were all young. Then figured out that the heat in there was far too great when people know who you are and your children suddenly become targets. I can't stand that woman, and she doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of even winning the Rep. nomination because they're all stand offish on her because she's such a loose cannon. As a third party ticketer, maybe she could run.

DesignGirl450
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM

A prayer shield?   I mean, really?  Even though I am in Canada, we get so much US media, and watch US TV channels, etc., we know all about her.  She is an embarressment to her country.  Sorry guys.

CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Quoting DesignGirl450:

A prayer shield?   I mean, really?  Even though I am in Canada, we get so much US media, and watch US TV channels, etc., we know all about her.  She is an embarressment to her country.  Sorry guys.

Stating the truth is nothing to apologize for.  She is an embarassment

country50gal
by on May. 22, 2011 at 10:14 AM

That's okay DesignGirl450, S. Palin IS AN EMBARASSMENT! 

LEK19
by Group Admin on May. 23, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Politically speaking, she scares me and I know some staunch Republicans who are very scared, too.

Yes, she is an embarrassment!

When will we stop being a nation of sheep and start thinking before elections?!?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)