Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remember the post......?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

Remember the post I made a few weeks ago, about the prisoner who escaped (here in MA)? He was a gang member, a rival gang shot his mother, so the next day he broke out and went after their parents. He killed a store owner, and a shoot-out ensued between him and 2 cops. He shot the cops, they were wearing vests, so they were 'ok'. They shot him, severely injured. Then they call for an ambulance (that's the part I don't get...should have just finished him). So they spend hours and hours in surgery saving his life. They have a guard at his door 24/7. He's struggling to hold on, very serious condition.

Well, he died. 

So what did they do? They fired some of the prison gaurds that were on duty that night. 

What's your take? 

by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CoeyG
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Yes I do remember the story.  From what I understand an escapee is still under the jurisdiction of the state prison authority, whether he is just outside the gates of the prison or thousands of miles from it and therefore if injured must be given medical attention and returned to prison to complete his sentence, because if allowed to die his family would have cause of action against the state.  Had he been killed during the shooting that would have been another story.  I'm guessing that the reason some of the guards got fired was because they weren't doing their jobs or had some part in the escape to begin with. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 21, 2011 at 8:39 PM

I think they probably don't have any choice about all they did to keep him alive.  That's their job.  As for the guards...I wonder if they were fired because they helped?  You never know.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:03 PM

We were talking about this. The 'boss' gaurd is a friend of ours. He's the one that told us the story when it happened. Then we followed on the news. 

Dan and I were discussing. And I said I think they "looked the other way". The came and told him that the other gang shot his mother, I'm sure they helped him get revenge.  

Quoting louannwilkins:

I think they probably don't have any choice about all they did to keep him alive.  That's their job.  As for the guards...I wonder if they were fired because they helped?  You never know.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Although it would be so easy (but illegal) to just finish the guy off, they have to try to save him. It's almost like poetic justice that the guy is now gone. Sorry, but in some ways, what comes around goes around.  I'm not crazy about the idea that police and doctors and nurses are expected to try and save him. But, that's part of the hypocratic oath.  Too bad the guy couldn't have lived and roted in prison. JMO......................shrugging

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)