• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That was weird!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was in bed, almost asleep - you know that fuzzy stage, when you're just drifting?  One of the cats was in her favorite spot, curled up by my chest, and the other in HER favorite spot, on one of my feet, when I SWORE I heard another cat meowing.  Odd.  I live in a 3rd floor condo.  My window is shut, air is on low.  There's only one other unit on my floor, and he has a dog.  Both units directly under me are currently empty.  Bottom floor, one has a dog that almost never barks, and the other has no pets at all.  I checked front and back hallways, nothing.  

Strange.   

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:30 AM

That is odd. Any chance it could be on the roof? Or.... sometimes if I have allergies or a sinus problem I catch my nose making sounds that could be thought of as a cat if I was drifting off.

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:35 AM

I don't know how anything could get on the roof here, because of how the buildings are shaped, but I suppose stranger things have happened.  It definitely wasn't my nose, but I've had that happen in the past.  My kitchen window was open, but with my hearing being as bad as it is, it doesn't seem likely that I could hear something 3 flights down, on the other side of the building.  I guess that could happen, though. 

I never heard the "ghost kitty" again after posting this. 

Shellness
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Ghost cat, lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Maybe you were dreaming it ?
Hope you got back to sleep ok :)

gmadiane
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:51 PM

that is odd

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:59 PM

sounds liek there was probably a cat on the roof...we once heard a meowing constantly at my mom's house and her cat was curled up on the couch cleeping..we searched and searched for 2 hours..looked outside nothing...about an hour after that we hear a scratching sound and start looking again and found a stray cat caught in her chimney! Who knows how long the poor thing was stuck in there or how it even got in there in the first place.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Well that is strange.  Maybe it was on the roof.  Cats have been known to get into some odd places.  lol 

adoptionsforall
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM

That has happened to me before....and it was ME SNORING!

KittyGram
by Becky on Jun. 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM

I'm sure I wasn't dreaming - it went on for a few minutes after I woke up entirely, but stopped when I got out of bed.  I'm thinking it must have been outside, although I still can't figure out how I could hear it, since my hearing is horrible.  My granddaughter was asleep right next to me, but it wasn't her either.  When I told her about it in the morning, she said, "Grandma, I've told you that before.  I've heard a cat here, and it wasn't Smokey or Chloe."  She insists I have a cat spirit there.  I'm a very skepital person when it comes to supernatural things, but who knows?  Maybe I'm wrong.   

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Could it of been a peacock? There is one in the area we live in and it was doing its thing last night and it sounded just like a cat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)