Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 6/4

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM
  • 21 Replies

Do you like going to the beach? What kind of Bech/water activities do you enjoy?

Click on the badge to find out how you can help!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:56 AM

I like to splash around in the water to cool off and That is about it....I am not a nig beach person.

Shellness
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Um, I'm a beach bum! So is my husband. So are my children. We love love love it. I would love to live on the beach. I would never leave.

We swim of course. We love the Atlantic because the waves are good and we dive into them a lot. Husband surfs but I am far from graceful and can't. I do boogie board :)

We love to walk down the coast line. That is the best. I wish we fished more, cause that's fun too.

Shellness
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Quoting LadySaphira:

I like to splash around in the water to cool off and That is about it....I am not a nig beach person.

One day with me and I would convert you!

kam013
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Love the beach!  Grew up boating, spent most of my summers on Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Provincetown & in Maine.  DH and I have often talked about getting a boat, but with the gas prices we haven't.  We do kayak along the shore and coastal waterways.  Especially enjoy going down in the early evening for a nice stroll. 

Love to swim too.  As kids my Dad would stop the boat halfway between Buzzards Bay and Provincetown, we always traveled with friends and they would raft the boats together.  Then we would climb to the top of the tuna towers and jump/dive into the water.  It was so exhilerating!!

r_luvli
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:05 AM
I love the beach! I hardly ever get to go, wish I lived closer to the ocean, I'd be there all the time!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:52 AM

When I was growing up I was a real beach person. We would vacation at the beach and spend several long weekends there every summer.  I married a mountain man, so we don't do the beach anymore and my kids aren't real beach people either.  I kinda like a nice shady tree in the mountains now with a good book in hand.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM

I love going to the beach.  I love to doze by the beach.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM

I don't like going to the beach. Nope. I LOVE it!

My fav thing to do is when the water is fairly calm, go float on the waves.

I also enjoy standing in the surf and feeling the shifting sands seeming to pull at my feet.

The sunsets are fantastic.

Swimming in the ocean and pool.

Sand scupture.

Body boarding.

Reading in the shade.

Listening to the waves.

Smelling the salt air.

Watching a lightning storm roll in.

Observing the sea life and other nature around the area.

raini65
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I love the beach...I love the smell, the sound of the waves and the general feel of the beach!

gmadiane
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I love to go to the beach, love to lay in the sun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)