Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stop F%^&ng having babies already! ( very long vent with swearing)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM
  • 13 Replies

OK before anyone says anything..this is  a vent.....I know that nobody can tell grown adults what to do or interfere with their "reproductive rights" but this crap pisses me off beyond the point of pissed off. I feel so heartbroken for the children involved and better I vent here then start a family feud.

DH has a 2nd cousin who is married to a 29 year old. When they met she already had a daughter who is currently 14 and just had a baby of her own ....looks like she is following  "mommy's" footstep who had her at 15. For the sake of the story I will call the cousin "B", mom "A" and the children by birth order number (not counting A's daughter by someone else).

B and A have  boy 1....a year later a miscarriage, 2 years after that boy 2, then comes baby 3, a girl born with multiple birth defects that they immediatly give to B's mom because they don't want to deal, ask for her back (and get her) when G-ma starts getting SSI for the poor kid (Hey more money for drugs and alcohol!) Baby boy 4 comes not even a year later.... baby 3 dies from complications due to her birth defects shortly before the bith of boy 4. They start being investigated by CPS..by this time boy 1 is 6 years old and "taking care of" for the other two boys who are 3 and 9 months old, we did not know at the time..2 months later my SIL gets a call (her DH is great grandpa) that the boys will go into foster care if someone from family does not take them that night so she had her SO drive 50 miles to get the boys at Christmas time. They have a small 2 bedroom apartment, the boys have no clothes that fit properly, they are filthy and full of lice, A is pregnant yet again with boy 5. All three boys are severely delayed 3 yr old can't walk yet... 11 month old can't sit up yet, has pressure sores and bleeding rash on bottom, and the back of his head is flat from laying in a crib all the time. all 3 boys show signs of FAS and are underweight. It was a nightmare....Hubby and I try to figure out a way to take the kids in (hopefully adopt) because SIL and her DH are a lot older and have health problems that make taking care of  even one special needs child extremely difficult, let alone 3. We are unable to figure something out in a timely manor and the "mom and dad", for some insane reason are given the kids back and take of to FL where  baby 5 is finally born. FF two years..at this point the B's mom has custody ( by choice not CPS) of kids 1,2, 4, and 5 and A has just given birth to baby 6, another boy..keep in mind this is child 7 for her.

They have never taken care of any of their kids, even when they had custody, have done nothing but live off welfare, drink and drug, and they bring yet another poor innocent soul into this messed up world whom they will neglect and then shove off onto someone else to care for once the baby novelty has worn off. After that they will most likely have another one and another and another......They claim that nobody can tell them what they can and can't do and how many kids they can or can't have.  My heart breaks for these poor kids and all the couples out there that desperately want a child and can't have one.  And people wonder why I think sometimes forced sterilization is a good idea.

angry

Click on the badge to find out how you can help!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rojastarr
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Honey, as we discussed, I agree with you. Reproductive rights be damned. How about those porr childrens rights?

AuntyL
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Holy Sh#t!

The only thing I can say is that CPS doesn't work. This is my opinion only. But I've seen and now have read....and it just comfirms my opinion.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM

That's just beyond horrible.  I feel so bad for those poor poor kids.  WTH is wrong with people?  And what is wrong with CPS?  They are evidently NOT doing their jobs well because if they were you wouldn't be telling this story.  I hope for the sake of those kids who didn't ask to come here that something good happens for them.  People like that tick me off to no end.  Vent away girl.  I'd be upset too.

gypsy30
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:50 PM

They should be in jail for child neglect. 

CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I understand your feelings, these types of "parents" make my blood boil as well. They use their children as meal tickets only and the children suffer.  Sadly we can't dictate who has children and who doesn't...And it is sad that when these children are in healthy stable homes their deadbeat parents can come along and remove them back into the unhealthy envrinoment there were born into.  I have known people whom I have wanted to slap upside the head and tell to get into gear as far as parenting goes but can't because I'd get in trouble.  Frustrating to say the least.

ADozenPlus
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Oh my gosh!!! CPS does not work... I know of too many situations where the children are used (SSI, welfare checks, etc), abused, and neglected. Dang this makes me mad..... I about killed myself getting my kids raised after their dad abandoned us. I had no life, but they were clean, fed, and warm.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Part of the problem CPS doesn't work is money. It takes money to investigate families. It takes money to house children in Foster Care. It takes money to pay Social Workers who are spread to thin, and where does that money come from? Taxes, but taxpayers don't want their taxes raised so Social Serives can't hire more workers. I know of no one who wants to work for nothing...
Shellness
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:05 PM

And DCF really really sucks to allow them to have those babies.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:51 PM

This is a really unnerving story. Those poor children, the 3yr old cant walk yet?????  What chance in life are they to have if they didnt get a running start?   When DH were discouraged because we couldnt conceive and wanted and can care for a baby we would get so angry when we would see people like this have child after child when they couldnt care for them and abused or neglected them.   That is very generous of you and dh to take these children in if possible.

Why123
by Nancy on Jun. 5, 2011 at 3:20 PM

In a case like this, I can understand sterilization.  Those are the kind of people that make it real hard on the rest of us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)