• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there is a challenge that you are trying to overcome right now?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM
  • 35 Replies

Is there something in your life right now that is very challenging or testing your patience?

Is it family, health, work, S/O, children, hurt feelings?

What is it and how do you overcome it?

typing           surrender

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ADozenPlus
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM

I am struggling with anxiety, mostly stemming from fear of being destitute. I have PTSD. My income consists of a small amount of SSD, and alimony. The alimony runs out in a year. I have tried to work, but because of fibromyalgia and arthritis I get too tired and I get to where I can't walk. I keep reminding myself that is WHY I qualified to be on SSD.

I also get child support from my kid's dad, but he has never been consistent. I don't count what I get from him because I can't depend on it, like I couldn't depend on him.

I am looking for surveys, etc online that pays with gift cards or cash. so far I don't qualify for many of them.... And I'm praying for guidance. I feel I am going to be okay, and my kids won't let me fall through the cracks, I just don't want to be a burden on them. I wish I would work for my keep.

And at hormonal times of the month, the anxiety get bad.

CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:33 PM

It's called Systemic Lupus...LOL It's more than just a challenge since it will never be cured.  All I can do is hoipe that I continue to have good days or semi-good days because days when I flare are a true bitch.  Last time I had a flare I landed in hospital for a week. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I am trying not to get discouraged. We met with the real estate agent today and then drove by a few houses.  The house's that are in our price range are all sh*tholes. California is waaay over priced for what you pay and what you get.  Hey if you have a million bucks you could get a decent place.  Grrrrrr

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:42 PM

My youngest son & is lack of ability to manage his finances :(

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM

What part of Ca are you looking in ?

Quoting Esmrlda:

I am trying not to get discouraged. We met with the real estate agent today and then drove by a few houses.  The house's that are in our price range are all sh*tholes. California is waaay over priced for what you pay and what you get.  Hey if you have a million bucks you could get a decent place.  Grrrrrr

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Well, truth be told I always worry about Chad.  He has some true problems and it breaks my heart.  He also has NO confidence in himself or his abilities.  He has trouble in social settings etc...All of that comes from the personality disorder.  It's just hard when you watch the ones you love suffer and know that there isn't anything you can do about it.

zboys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Our financial situation continues to worsen and it has carried over into our marriage.  : (

Shellness
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Saving to buy a home. I hate renting and worrying about a place to live.

DD's health is fragile and we are doing the best we can with that.

Hubby and I have been distant and he's angry lately so I have been trying to get more alone time with him. (he has trouble worrying about things and doesn't deal with it well, bless his heart). We talked at the pool yesterday and I am trying to not take his frustrations personally because its not directed at me......

Oldest DD is unsettled and I tried to talk to her about it today. Hopefully it will get better soon!

I am lucky and learn from all of this so I embrace it and accept that God is holding me in His Hand. I know He knows what He is doing. I know we will all be stronger and wiser for it.

Shellness
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

It's called Systemic Lupus...LOL It's more than just a challenge since it will never be cured.  All I can do is hoipe that I continue to have good days or semi-good days because days when I flare are a true bitch.  Last time I had a flare I landed in hospital for a week. 

I feel ya. Auto immune diseases take a change of lifestyle and an acceptance of what you are now, not what you were before.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Jun. 5, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Quoting hugss:

What part of Ca are you looking in ?

Quoting Esmrlda:

Were in the South bay area...... you know when you see California on the map and there is a chunk that looks like someone took a bite out of it, thats where we are and we are stuck due to DH's job. If he were to transfer to another state he would loose all his senority and then chance getting cut off and not having any work at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)