Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will it ever be over??????

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am in pre-menopause..... been there for about forever! Actually, about 8 years. Will this ever come to an end? My mother was 45 when the change happened. No hot flashes, no night sweats, no anxiety. Just a smooth move from having to not having.

If I ever wanted to be like my mom, this would have been it. I just turned 51 and still waiting.

Those of you who have moved over, how old were you? Do you have any helpful advice to encourage those of us who are still waiting?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I had a hysterectomy when I turned 40, was already going through menopause (women develop and menopause early on my mom's side of the family). 

r_luvli
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM
Oh, I dread this. I remember my mother going through it, more than once, I wanted to choke her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KatiesMom63
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I'm also still waiting... 

rojastarr
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I am 49 and still waiting

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:32 PM

OMG....I'm 49 and STILL waiting.  I'm SO ready for it to come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    LOL

sacdp29
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I had a hystrectemy when I was 46 due to fibroid tumors.  I was so happy to get it over with.  What does your gynocologist say?  I didn't think it took years to go through it but unfortunately I cannot give you any experience.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Still waiting here too please let it be soon!

babybitz451
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:43 PM

34 it started and was over in 2 months and started HRT pills 

ADozenPlus
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Quoting sacdp29:

I had a hystrectemy when I was 46 due to fibroid tumors.  I was so happy to get it over with.  What does your gynocologist say?  I didn't think it took years to go through it but unfortunately I cannot give you any experience.

He says be patient, it will eventually happen. frustrated

lynked
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:47 PM

I had a hytserectomy in my late 20s but did go through the hot flashes and mood swings in my mid 50s.  (They left my ovaries).  Since then, (I'm 66), I have occasional hot flashes and cold sweats.  Sure wish they'd quit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)