• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You..

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

have a relationship with your adult childrens partners parents.We have in the past but now all live out of state.Invited each other to bbq and holidays,birthdays,etc. My mother is friends with both my sil sparents and my bils.has even travelled with them.She is not at all close with my hubbys family though they do see each other at events for the grandchildren

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ADozenPlus
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:38 AM

My oldest daughter usually has her special family activities (birthdays, etc) at her in-law's home, so we go there. And I had visited the home of my son's in-laws several times when I lived in AZ. There is light socializing, but no real in-law get togethers.

I tend to be introverted and shy, and hard to get to know.

kattrask
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:48 AM

I have never met my DILs parents, they live in another state.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Well my adult kids are not married sadly :(
Hopefully one day & then we will :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM

We count our DIL's parents as friends and when we spent time in SC (where they live) we enjoyed many happy times with them.  They will be visiting on the west coast this summer, so we are looking forward to seeing them.  My SIL's mother passed away a few years ago and I have to admit we did not have much of a relationship with her - she was a recluse of sorts and refused all overtures we made.

Shellness
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 12:45 PM

They don't have partners now but I hope we can all get along one day!

Saralinda
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:47 PM

No to one and yes to the other. One daughter's inlaws live about 2 hrs away from me and so far we are FB friends and have seen them when the grandkids were baptized. My other daughter is married to the son of my best friend. So although we don't hang out as families, my best friend and I have been known to hang out together. 

I am thinking that as the grandkds get older and have more events, us grandparents we get to know each other better.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM

No, not at all. We only socialize when we need to. We are courteous and such and so are they. Neither one of us is interested in being best friends. We get along well enough. We do not live near each other though. I think I like them better in smaller doses!

Only one son is married.

gmadiane
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 6:03 PM

no I dont at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)