Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Truvia sweetener

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

Have you ever used it? Is it good? Is it good in hot and cold foods?

I was thinking about getting some.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Nope 

michellina124
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Ya I got some my kids used it all up.  I got it in packets and they used it in their coffee and God knows what else.  It tastes like sugar to me in green tea and homemade hot cocoa.  I tried it on some leftover pie crust with cinnamon and it wasn't sweet enough, like it disintegrated or something so I sprinkled more on after and it was good. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM

I have heard it's the best out of all of them,
No I have not tried it yet :)

CoeyG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I prefer real sugar or high fruitcose corn syrup over chemically altered sugar.  

rockinstylist
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:30 PM

i tried it didnt like it had a bitter taste by my nutritionist said to put something in it to counteract it but cant remember for the life of me what it was she said :)

Iroquois
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM

The batch I got was WAYYY too sweet.  I only needed a tiny bit to sweeten my tea the same as a big teaspoon of sugar.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I've never had it but I've seen it in the grocery store.  I'd be interested in what you think if you end up trying some though.  

Karosie
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:42 PM

The "Stevia in the Raw" is the same thing as Truvia.  I got some of both.  It is also available in liquid.  The "Stevia in the Raw" is in a bag like Splenda and can be used pretty much the same as Splenda.  It seems to be sweeter so you have to adjust your taste to it.  My parents were both diabetic so I grew up with that kind of stuff in the house (sachrine, Equal, Splenda, whatever) and Splenda and Stevia/Truvia have the best flavor.  They are all hard to bake with as they do not give the texture of sugar so you have to make adjustments and they are all sweeter if you use too much.  That is what give the bitter aftertaste, I think.

Karosie
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:47 PM

By the way Stevia/Truvia is not chemically altered.  Splenda is made from natural sugar and Stevia is a herbal supplement used for sweetness in south america.  It is pretty much explained on the Stevia in the Raw package.  I bought mine at our local Apple Mart, but Walmart also carries it (cheaper) and the liquid version is available at GNC.

Shellness
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Quoting Karosie:

By the way Stevia/Truvia is not chemically altered.  Splenda is made from natural sugar and Stevia is a herbal supplement used for sweetness in south america.  It is pretty much explained on the Stevia in the Raw package.  I bought mine at our local Apple Mart, but Walmart also carries it (cheaper) and the liquid version is available at GNC.

Thanks for the advice! I bought some and am honestly still trying to get the right amount set for my iced tea :) I used too much in the first batch I think...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)