Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Harry Potter vs. Twilight

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM
  • 13 Replies

Apparently both series have a new movie coming out.  Which one will you see or will it be both? 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I am a huge Harry Potter fan but I am just not into vampires.  I probably won't go to see the movie the first night it opens but I'll give it a couple of weeks and then go see Harry Potter. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM

neither..I'll wait for the DVDs and definalty watch HP first.

CoeyG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Neither one, I think they are both stupid. 

caro100
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Harry Potter,  I did like the twighlight series, but will wait till it comes on at the cheap movies

Shellness
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:16 PM

neither :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Our dd never got into Harry Potter.  She did drag me kicking and screaming to the first Twilight movie when it came to the cheap theatre, and I thought it was ok.  I rarely go to a first run movie so I'm sure I'll probably go with my dd to Twilight when it comes to the cheap theatre.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I will probably see both, I have read both series of books and enjoy them. We (DD and I) are hugh Harry Potter fans and have all of the movies on DVD, so this weekend we will watch them before we head out to see the latest and last Harry Potter movie.

mommacatof3
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I will wait for Bluray for Twilight. I am going to see Harry Potter's last movie in the theatre though.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I have seen all of the Harry Potter movies except the last one. Frankly, I have a difficult time telling the difference between any of them (aside from their ages) and I can't seem to care enough about the characters. Maybe the books don't translate to the movies as well. I have the same problem with Lord of the Rings. Interesting enough to watch but not a big fan.

Not at all interested in Twilight. I enjoy a more adult vampyric theme like Anne Rice's Lestat series. Queen of the Damned was not well done at all. To me Twilight is just another teenage drama series I can do without.

MaggotMom
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Twilight is banned in this family. We all hate it. As for Harry, we will wait for Netflix.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)