Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Welcome to the Moms with Adult Kids group! Introduce yourself.....

welcome

Welcome to the Moms with Adult Kids group!

Hi everyone!  I'm Amy.  I'm a single mom of 3 living in Colorado.  My oldest son is 23 years old now and living on his own, but he's a huge help with his younger sister (14) and brother (10).  I love meeting moms from all over and hope you'll enjoy this group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you have a child in the military, you may want to say hello on this thread, too:
Do you have a child in the military?

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To share a little more about yourself, add your special days to our group calendar:
Add your Birthday and Anniversary to our Group Calendar!

Here are some Moms with Adult Kids group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Moms with Adult Kids group SIGNATURES!

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions or need help with anything. 

We really want you to have a great time here!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teacoffee

We hope you'll make yourself at home and enjoy!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM
Replies (81-90):
Delilah713
by Member on Aug. 15, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Hi,

My name is Delilah and I am new to this site and pritty new to the internet, so I realy don't know how things work yet.  But I have 3 adult children, two boys 28,22, & a girl 21.  I have been married for 25 years and my husband and I and 22yr old son just moved to Jacksonville Fl. from Louisville Ky.  My other two stayed behind in Ky and I miss them very much, especially my daughter.  Now I am the only female in a house of 4 males (husband, son, and 2 of my sons friends staying temp) So not only new in town with no friends, job, (which my hubby dosn't want me to get)  now there's no girls to talk to or go shopping with either.  You ever tried to shop with your husband or son for clothes ect.. they get aggravated when you say "well i have to try them on" So even though I love the new house with a pool in the yard its still kinda lonely being the only girl, and with them grown up I have nothing to do anymore.  I do have 1 German shepherd  dog, and now have 7 cats. (but its not quite the same).

sonally
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Hi all!  I'm Allyson and I  have been a 50 year old for nine months and 11 days. big smile mini

Oh yeah, I have three handsome sons who are men... or man-cubs, as sometimes call them. 26,23 and 19.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Welcome to the group Sylvia :)

Quoting RINKADINK2257:

Hi m y name is Sylvia and i 'm a single mom of a 19 year old daughter. She is a sweet child. Basically isaw your post on FACE BOOK and clicked like. Now i 'm joining because  i  have to get a life. My daughter is starting college this fall and  even though she'll be living with me for 2 more years., i 'm having trouble letting go. Oprah called it a midlife process while we as a society call it a midlife crisis.Idon 't know what to do and i 'm tired of being a homebody. There is this big world out here and i want to enjoy life so i want to make friends here and have fun. 

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Welcome to the group Michele,
We'll help you get through this so hang in there :)

Quoting feelinbeautiful:

Hi, I'm Michele.  Have 6 kids between us (24, 22, 21, 18, 16 & 15 - 1 boy) & 2 granddaughters!  Another one on the way - hoping for a grandson!!!!

Anyway, we have 3 out of the nest and another leaving this week for college crying mini.  This is going to be soooo hard on me!  She is my 2nd to leave the nest & I'm NOT dealing with it well.  My 3 are the middle ages.....hubby already had 2 out when we married.  His youngest (15) lives with her mother.

I'm hoping to hear encouraging wise words of how it's going to be ok.  it's all for the good of the apples.  But it's killin' me to let go.....booohooo I know!

Wish me luck Fri & Sat. & if you hear of flooding in Tucson, Az this weekend it's just me crying!!   LOL

hugss

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Welcome to the group Tracy,
Hopefully things get better where you are living now :)

Quoting trac70:

Hi,

I am a mom of four. I have a 21yr old daughter, a 19yr old son, a 12yr old son and a 9yr old son. My two oldest are out of the house, well MY house. They both have moved in with their father who lives about 4hrs away. I live with my husband and two youngest children. I am having alot of difficulty dealing with my two oldest being so far away. I am just not adjusting well at all. Here's the thing, WE moved four hours away not the oldest two. So, we have no roots where we are. Basically, I hate it here. We have been here for a year. I am having a hard time finding friends and I just don't feel connected here. I feel really isolated and like my life is back where we used to live.

So this is my attempt at talking to other mom's who have grown children and see how they made it through the transition.

Thanks,

Tracy

hugss

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:02 PM

Welcome to the group Deliah,
I'll shop with you :)

Quoting Delilah713:

Hi,

My name is Delilah and I am new to this site and pritty new to the internet, so I realy don't know how things work yet.  But I have 3 adult children, two boys 28,22, & a girl 21.  I have been married for 25 years and my husband and I and 22yr old son just moved to Jacksonville Fl. from Louisville Ky.  My other two stayed behind in Ky and I miss them very much, especially my daughter.  Now I am the only female in a house of 4 males (husband, son, and 2 of my sons friends staying temp) So not only new in town with no friends, job, (which my hubby dosn't want me to get)  now there's no girls to talk to or go shopping with either.  You ever tried to shop with your husband or son for clothes ect.. they get aggravated when you say "well i have to try them on" So even though I love the new house with a pool in the yard its still kinda lonely being the only girl, and with them grown up I have nothing to do anymore.  I do have 1 German shepherd  dog, and now have 7 cats. (but its not quite the same).

hugss

by on Aug. 16, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Welcome to the group Allyson,
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting sonally:

Hi all!  I'm Allyson and I  have been a 50 year old for nine months and 11 days. big smile mini

Oh yeah, I have three handsome sons who are men... or man-cubs, as sometimes call them. 26,23 and 19.

debbiem214
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Hi my name is Debbie am a widow who is living with my daughter.  Whemn my youngest son got married and I was all alone.  My kids were worried about me since the place I lived in was falling apart as was the neighborhood.  I decided to go back to school and get some kind of degree.  I am still working on that.  I moved from Fla to South Carolina.  My daughter and I are getting along fine and getting to know each other alot better.  I am also getting to know my granddaugher as she is going to be living with us from now on

I have never been happier.  It will be good however to chat online with someone just like me

SCMomof2kids
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Hi My Name is Robin  I am 48 married 25 very long  years I have two kids  a daughter age 25 married 4 years  with  two kids of her own ages 2 ( girl) and age 6 months ( girl)

My son is 23 living with his girl friend and their  little Girl age 1

My biggest sadness is  My Daughter who lives  next door she is so much like her father it breaks my heart.. I cook dinner for her every night , I watch the girls  thur fri and sat nights  frm  3 pm to 1-2 am .Then i have to get up for work at 5 am and work till 1 pm I am not  well I have many medical  problems, yet I try to help as much s possible. Most days  she  drops off her 2 yr old to me for she says she is Tired & well My daughter is just  lazy, when i  rarely tell her not today  she  blows up on me. I have been disabled for  12 yrs  recently I  have tried to go back to work for the 465. I receive monthly is just not enough especially when  my daughter  needs  diapers  or formula , what upset me is she never ever pays me back always saying she  ( they are broke) yet every day she  buys fast food for lunch,I love my Grand daughters so much they are my reason for living,  yet there  are days I would love to disappear from it all. She never ever helps me out  with dinner dishes  or pick up after the kids, how can I get her to help me ?  SHE TELLS ME  SHE DOES NOT have to help for she does not LIVE HERE . With all the degrading  stress verbal abuse from my  husband  and  now working tending to the grand kids I am burning out fast and becoming very depressed how can I get her to see I need her help and to pay me back

LancesMom
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM

welcomeWelcome to the group ladies!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)