Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

camping trip

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

My oldest son and his girlfiend are going for a four day camping trip with some of her friends.  One of her guy friends (she's a tom boy), was killed and his parents had him cremated and they're going to go spread his ashes in some meaningful place.  However, they have not planned all that well and ended up shopping at the mom and pop store, they took our papertowels, DH made sure they took TP, andcour cooler, bread, bologna, condiments, hmmm.  LOL  I'll enjoy hearing about their little adventure when they return home.  Thank goodness it's summer.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hugss
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Awww I am sure they will have fun,
Even though the reason  .. but will have terrific meaning & memories,
Can't wait to hear how they do afterwards :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:27 PM

I'm sorry about the boy that died :(  I hope they have a very meaningful weekend.

Our dd is camping this weekend too with a group of kids from a college age christian youth group.  She hates camping, bugs etc.  Should be interesting, lol.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:33 PM

the first time camping when you don't camp is tough...they will learn real fast what they were missing.  I remember our first time.  We didn't even have towels for anything...lol..camping is sooo much work..but I sure love being in secluded places.  they will have a blast no doubt.

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 6:59 AM

It will be a learning experience. We took the kids camping at different state parks every year when they were growing up. We had a list of all the necessities and still always ended up forgetting something. These are the things that great memories are made of.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jul. 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM

It's sad about the boy dying but I think it will be a meaningful trip for them.  As for the camping part....they will decide this weekend if they like it or don't.  lol  Could be some funny stories!  

Shellness
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM

They really didn't plan well did they? You'll have to share the story when they get back :)

CoeyG
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I'm wondering, did anyone take along bug repelant or sunscreen?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)