Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bathing suits

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:00 AM
  • 29 Replies

What kind do you wear? What style? When was the last time you were seen in public in a two piece?

sidesplittinglaughter                   floating in poolat the beach

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:04 AM

I wear a tankini but it does not show my tummy.

The last time I wore a true 2 piece was in 2005 before I had a surgery that left a big scar. It starts about 3 inches above my belly button, goes around it and then all the way down to the end. Ugg.

That and the year of steroids, gaining weight, was the end for me!

I'm ok with it, but hate the freedom of the lack of clothing in the water. KWIM?

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:05 AM
I wear a bikini. Last time was this past weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Quoting .Holly.:

I wear a bikini. Last time was this past weekend.

Oh shut up! LOL!

CoeyG
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 4:01 AM

I don't

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:40 AM

I haven't had a swim suit on in probably 5 years, and then it was a one piece. Just no time or energy to go swimming.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I have the kind that looks like a 1 piece, but it's a 2 piece. So everything is covered. The bottom has a little skirt look to it. I went about a month ago to a lake at the campground the in-laws were at. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM

What's a two piece, LOL
Well actually my is BUT ..
It is the tankini with a skirt :)

angduse1
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Quoting hugss:

What's a two piece, LOL
Well actually my is BUT ..
It is the tankini with a skirt :)

Yeah me too... Only I never wore a bikini even when I was young.. My sister did.. and believe me we both had the figure to do so.... I was just shy and never wanted to show my assets..LOL.. Read my post on   what I wanted to become when I grew up and you will see why. LOL. I never showed my middle until my husband saw it. LOL.. Oh Wait one other time.. But I was forced to do so by my mother and Aunt.. Very uncomfortable.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM

No bikinis for me and I honestly don't think I have ever had one on.  I wear a one piece, old style, suit when I go swimming which is actually very seldom.

Bethany463
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM

First of all I never have the opportunity to wear a bathing suit....second, I haven't worn one since I was a teenager!! I am 5'4" and weigh 138, am in relatively good shape,still do some modeling, but....at age "60" something happens to your body that you CANT control...sagging, loss of elasticity!!! even if your THIN it doesn't matter!! your skin just looses it's elasticity...so in my upper arms, my legs, my sides, I have all loose and saggy, celulite type skin...even in the summer I always wear a short sleeve shirt and capri's to cover it all up....now my jowels and neck are starting, and in my business, that's NOT GOOD....so ladies, take care of yourself, eat right, always exercise, but remember, AGE HAPPENS, and NOTHING can stop it!!! cheers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)