Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could live your life over..

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

Would you marry the same man?  Live the same life?  What would you change to make your life happier or more fulfilling? 

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM

I wouldn't want to live my life over,  The way I have lived my life, who I married (and divorced) are a part of what makes me me.  If I didn't marry him I wouldn't have my daughter.  Besides the only one who can make your life happy is yourself.  No one else is responsible for that.  

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM

If I could have that much control...as an adult...I would marry Dan (not my first husband), but have my same kids. I would have taken a financial course or something very early on, so I would understand money, budgeting, etc. earlier on. Everything else in my adult life is okay.

My childhood is another story....ick.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:12 PM

For sure I would marry the same man.  Live the same life - I would maybe make a few changes although none of the changes would have made my life happier, mostly they would be changes within myself to have made me maybe a better person.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I wouldn't change a thing, if I did I wouldn't have the son I have today.

KittyGram
by Becky on Aug. 19, 2011 at 2:29 PM

My opinion is that I am who I am today because of each decision I've made over the years.  Much as it dismays me that I didn't marry forever (and again, my decision to get pregnant and get married WHEN I did, rather than waiting and getting to know him better), I do have a daughter with him, and I wouldn't change that.  Much as I don't like him, I still wouldn't change what I've learned because of my relationship/marriage to him.  And I've gained a number of friendships due to his and my relationship, and other than his 4 sisters, I wouldn't give up any of those friendships (and I did learn from the shit I've heard from his sisters, too, which has made me a much stronger person).   

The question of regrets came up recently here - again, why regret what you can't change?  Remember it, learn from it, but don't waste time regretting. 

Why123
by Nancy on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I wouldn't change much either.  Everything I have done, makes me who I am.  If I had sense, I might have gotten divorced sooner.  Other than that not much. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Aug. 19, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I guess if I was going to change anything it would be to go to school straight out of high school.  I know I could go now but it would be too much for me right now. 

DesignGirl450
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:57 AM

No, No, Lots - too much to go into here.

JeannieBee
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM

I agree with a lot of what CoeyG said.  The only thing I would do differently if I could would be to take better care of my health.  Believe me it does catch up with you!

Saralinda
by on Aug. 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I wish I had waited until I was older (I was 20) to get married. I needed alot more life experience to deal with the problems  we had when we were 1st married. I would have stood up to my evil In-Laws much sooner. I would have insisted that my husband not go to work for them so that they could continue to abuse him. I would have finished college and found a career that I was good at instead of the low paying, temporary jobs that I had. And I would have stayed home with my kids when they were in jr hi instead of going to work outside the home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)